It is currently 23 Nov 2017, 15:31
Buy.com Win Your Bid Today At eBay! GoDaddy.com Hosting & Servers 7-day Free trial of Napster Blockbuster Total Access, Plans as low as $3.99

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My Softball team could probably beat them too
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2009, 16:17 
Mod

0_0: Hawkeye Nation
Today's final from Bradenton, Florida: Pittsburgh Pirates 4, Manatee Community College Lancers... 6. It's gonna be a good year, Bucco fans

Quote:
Manatee Community College Lancers

Granted, these were not the actual Pirates, they were all minor leaguers, but GOODNESS GRACIOUS THAT’S EMBARASSING!!

Actually, a bunch of high-end minor leaguers played in this one, including Tabata (1-for-2), Pearce (homered), McCutchen (0-for-2 with a GIDP), Bixler (0-for-2), Walker (1-for-2), and Diaz (1-for-1). Virgil Vasquez, who was in the rotation hunt until yesterday, started and allowed three runs. Guess we made the right call by not putting him on the big club.

The Manatees Lancers won it off Dave Davidson with two runs in the 6th. The final score was 6-4.

The Pirates have played Manatee CC (which is near the team’s training facility in Bradenton) every year for the past 10 seasons, and won each time, until now. This season was the first year the game was played towards the end of spring training, as opposed to the beginning.

Tony Mitchell went 2 for 3 with a double and three runs for Manatee, which won for the first time in 11 exhibition meetings.

We’re going to be hearing about this one for a while, I presume….

he game ended with Manatee left fielder Nick Graham made a diving catch near the foul line to take away a potential tying hit [...] with runners on first and second.

"I was so happy I caught it,” Graham said. “I was ecstatic. It was awesome.

Post subject: Re: My Softball team could probably beat them too
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2009, 17:58 
Post Whore

Well that's embarrassing..

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]