It is currently 25 May 2017, 07:41
Buy.com Win Your Bid Today At eBay! GoDaddy.com Hosting & Servers 7-day Free trial of Napster Blockbuster Total Access, Plans as low as $3.99

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I hate the world!!
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2009, 05:38 
Been here too long

0_0: [_]? or |=---|
I'm a pessimistic guy, sometimes in a bad way, and I'm still young too... I don't like it.

My biggest worry is it will only get worse, that might be because I'm a pessimist though!!

Can anyone relate?

How do I change... brainwashing aside!!

Post subject: Re: I hate the world!!
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2009, 11:19 
Reginald Cuntypants

0_0: Alsations, the lot.
I'm a cynical, pessimistic bastard too, and it's fine. The way I see it, being pessimistic to a degree is pretty healthy. It means that you don't approach life with the idea that everything turns out fine all of the time, and you're far more likely to be able to cope with disappointment. Not believing all of this jolly kitten-loving crap that constantly gets rammed down my throat whenever I click the stumble button is fine. Honest!

As long as you don't let it stop you from getting on with your life, keep raining on the optimist's parade. Feels good man.

Though if you insist on converting to the church of denial, you can make a start by noticing and correcting any automatic negative thoughts you may have. For example, when you plan on going out and you automatically think "It'll probably piss it down.", notice it, and change it to "It might rain, but even if it does, it'll be fine."
Basic cognitive behavioural therapy.

If that fails, I'll strap you to a chair and force you to watch videos of fluffy kittens Clockwork Orange style.

"It was true that I didn't have much ambition, but there ought to be a place for people without ambition, I mean a better place than the one usually reserved. How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, shit, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so?" - Charles Bukowski

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2009, 11:20 
Creepy Old Man

0_0: Whoville Hash o_0
This is gonna sound cheesy as shit, but when I am happy about myself and my situation I tend to be less pessimistic. Train yourself to look for the positive. (be aware of teh negative, but don't let it completely overshadow all else.

In almost every case a bullet is better than a lawyer.

I want to leave the world the same way I came in: naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2009, 12:56 
Mod

0_0: Hawkeye Nation
im a cynical optimist. I look on the bright side of things and am sure to smile as often as possible in order to stave off depression.

You know, smiling is a great sign of intelligence because it is something you can do yourself to stave off mental illness?

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2009, 13:10 
Keeps it bukkake

Who cares we're all gonna die!!!!11!!!

One morning I woke up and found my favorite pigeon, Julius, had died I was devastated and was gonna use his crate as my stickball bat to honor him. I left the crate on my stoop and went in to get something and I returned to see the sanitation man put the crate into the crusher. I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like a infantile retard. - Mike Tyson

Last edited by Fear on 15 Jul 2009, 13:43, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2009, 13:23 
Been here too long

So what yer all saying is that if I pretend I'm not a pessimistic cunt for long enough I will eventually not be... wont I always know that though. That my optimism is just a game or facade or whatever...

I do like the idea of raining on the optimism parade though, darkstar. Screw those guys and there happy go lucky outlook... I'd almost go so far as to say I'm optimistic that would work. :h5:

Fear, nice work... That's exactly how I'm feeling. I could pretend not to be the way I am but will it make a difference to the standard of my life?

p.s. - I smile all the time.... :ugh: :ugh:

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2009, 20:35 
Billionaire Boys Club Chairman

0_0: can i be there
I'd say focus on winning.

For me that's what cheers up my days that suck.

In all forms, just win - it feels good to look down on the other 99% and that's real.

It's tough to be pessimistic when you influence everything in your life to go the right way, know what I am saying?

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2009, 05:07 
Been here too long

I 'win' all the time... don't get me wrong. I'm not depressed like, I just think the world is full of useless cunts (point in case, the cartoon dag posted). The more I dominate stuff the more I look down on others and the more pessimistic I feel towards my fellow man.

I mean that I could end up killin' someone cos there thick as shit and they probably wouldn't realise what was going on, Hanable style like, more so than I would loose faith in myself. But obviously that I'd be wrong, so how do I change my impression of others I suppose I was really asking.

Today I feel different though, so maybe I'm just a skitso or have a brain tumor or summit!! :ugh:

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2009, 05:27 
Less is More

0_0: New Zealand
dominate shit, but help others get by. being better than someone doesn't make you a good person, being able to help others be good people is what makes you a good person.

Tramps like us, baby we were born to run

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2009, 06:37 
Reginald Cuntypants

JDC wrote:
dominate shit, but help others get by. being better than someone doesn't make you a good person, being able to help others be good people is what makes you a good person.

↑↑ THIS ↑↑

If you're feeling pessimistic about the outlook of the human race - do something to help it improve. Even if you just spend some time to make somebody feel better about themselves, you're helping.
Looking down upon the world from your throne isn't doing anybody any favours. You'll also find that it's hard to see the real picture from all the way up there.

"It was true that I didn't have much ambition, but there ought to be a place for people without ambition, I mean a better place than the one usually reserved. How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, shit, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so?" - Charles Bukowski

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2009, 22:25 
Billionaire Boys Club Chairman

0_0: can i be there
Darkstar wrote:
Looking down upon the world from your throne isn't doing anybody any favours. You'll also find that it's hard to see the real picture from all the way up there.

Incorrect. Look at how much Bill Gates has done...wait.

I mean look at how awesome Lawrence Ellison is...he's in court fighting over the boat for some sailing face...oops.

Or the waltons they seems to do a lot for socie....sorry...

But seriously, read The Stars My Destination by Alfred Bester - I think it will be inordinately important for your development and I mean that, you need a dose of the rage, the anger, then the deadly calm after you survey your actions.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2009, 07:15 
Lurker

I don't know if this will be helpful, but you are not alone. Not by any means.

Post subject: I hate the world
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2009, 16:04 

0_0: Украина
it was a pistol nerf, there is a cap to how fast the pistol can fire now, holding M1 allows you to shoot at that max RoF...honestly, I hate it, I used to be able to unload an entire clip in about a second, but this nerf ruined it for me....

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2009, 23:54 
Bitchzilla

0_0: Wisconsin
Being pessimistic makes it easier to deal with the bad shit and makes you happier when something good happens. Why're you so worried?

“Know what's weird? Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything's different.”

-Bill Watterson

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2009, 06:00 
Been here too long

Too true, however I'm dealing with it quite well of late, I now find humor instead of disdain for the stuff/people what pisses me off! It works well.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2009, 09:53 
Reginald Cuntypants

All of the best comedians are the ones who hate the world. It's a great way to stop yourself from imploding under the weight of your own thoughts.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2009, 10:03 
Big Daddy Phat

0_0: Drinkin'
Coming from the guy that doesn't know George Carlin.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2009, 10:05 
Reginald Cuntypants

I know him now! Oh shush! :squint:

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2009, 10:38 
Less is More

0_0: New Zealand
Darkstar wrote:
All of the best comedians are the ones who hate the world. It's a great way to stop yourself from imploding under the weight of your own thoughts.

they're not funny because they hate the world though. they use humour as an outlet of emotion to make themselves feel better about stuff

Tramps like us, baby we were born to run

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2009, 10:46 
Been here too long

I think comic relief is for others more so than the comic themselves. Its about point of view, the fact is that if we make another laugh or enjoy something the likelihood is they will take heed to that something, likewise, if we make someone laugh we can say what we like because they will not become upset at the fact we are talking about something that has potential to be upsetting.
In truth their is no one way to epitomize the views or beliefs of a comedian, they are somewhat cryptic and above our way of thinking imo.

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]