It is currently 23 Aug 2017, 14:17
Buy.com Win Your Bid Today At eBay! GoDaddy.com Hosting & Servers 7-day Free trial of Napster Blockbuster Total Access, Plans as low as $3.99

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anyone know any laws on child abandonment?
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2009, 12:36 
Foxxy

0_0: USA
OK, so I need to know if anyone knows some basic laws for child abandonment or neglect or pretty much anything that would help me. I know different states have different laws and all that, but I'm really just grasping for any thing i can right now.

As most of you know (or have guessed I'm sure since most of you are intelligent folks,) I have a 2 year old little girl that I love more than anything. However, this little girl is not mine biologically. She's my sister's.

For about the last year and a half my sister has been unemployed and for a while was living with her "daughters" father's family. Annalise's father was in jail for most of her life and then deported so he's not in the picture. Then my sister started seeing a new (illegal) guy. New guy turns out to be bat shit insane. As in hears the voices, thinks everyone is out to get him, insane. One day when he was at the house, he had to cover all of the TVs, windows, nail holes in the walls, lightswitches, anything, because "people were looking at him." And my sister thought he was a good person to bring around her child.

A few months ago, my sister would just stop coming home for days at a time. Finally my parents said "If you leave one more time, you can't come home." So she didn't. Leaving her little girl at the house. The next thing we know is that she's calling us telling us that her boyfriend wants to go home to Mexico and wants her to come with him. She leaves, signing over custody before she does. Annalise no longer wants to speak to her biological mother, calls me mom, and can't understand why the other woman is no longer around. My sister is coming home at the end of the month and wants her child back.

Is there anything I can do to prevent her from getting her child back? My daughter (and I will ALWAYS think of her as my daughter even though she's not mine biologically,) wants nothing to do with her (and no, I have never bad mouthed my sister in front of her, she's ridiculously intelligent for a 2 year old,) and I honestly think that if my sister were to get custody back she would just place Annalise in danger again. I am also afraid that if my sister gets custody back, she will take Annalise and run and I will never see her again. I do not want to loose my little girl.

Post subject: Re: Anyone know any laws on child abandonment?
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2009, 12:38 
Closet Connoisseur

0_0: Balls.
Oh wow that's terrible. I don't know anything about that, but I sure hope you get to keep the little girl. :(

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2009, 12:50 
Keeps it bukkake

From a legal stand point you're kinda fucked. You'd either have to sit down and talk to her and have her agree to not get the kid back, or have her sign over custody of the kid. But I'm not an attorney from {your state here} so I might be wrong.

Also it's pretty fucked to name your kid annalise

One morning I woke up and found my favorite pigeon, Julius, had died I was devastated and was gonna use his crate as my stickball bat to honor him. I left the crate on my stoop and went in to get something and I returned to see the sanitation man put the crate into the crusher. I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like a infantile retard. - Mike Tyson

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2009, 13:12 
Been here too long

0_0: O_o?
well, if she already signed over custody i think you're good. but i'd call a family lawyer in your state just to be sure.. i think they give out advice like that for free (maybe?)
good luck!

[23:45] enlever: Ugh, I officially hate white heads >.<
[23:46] ro: im sorry, we'll all go decapitate ourselves..
[23:46] inthebetween: YAY GROUP DECAPITATION

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2009, 13:16 
Billionaire Boys Club Chairman

0_0: can i be there
Open a case with CPS and explain it to them, most of them are insanely ballsy and could give a fuck less about the law when a child is in danger and generally write their own rules.

So all CPS now. (child protection services)

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2009, 13:25 
Have you tried turning it off and on again

0_0: Fortress of solitude
I have no clues about the laws in the US but I hope you get everything sorted out...

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2009, 13:46 
Reginald Cuntypants

0_0: Alsations, the lot.
Don't really know a lot of the law regarding custody, but I'd imagine your sister has the right to take her daughter where she wants. Though if you take her to court with the argument that she's not fit to take care of a child, you'd probably get custody - seeing as you've been taking care of her already.
Unfortunately I'd imagine that costs money, so if you can come to an agreement without getting the law involved, all the better. But it still gives her the option to change her mind at any time. Just make sure she doesn't make a run for it.

"It was true that I didn't have much ambition, but there ought to be a place for people without ambition, I mean a better place than the one usually reserved. How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, shit, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so?" - Charles Bukowski

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2009, 16:26 

Definitely call CPS, they will be able to help or at the very least, get you to someone that can.
Good luck

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2009, 00:10 
Foxxy

Bayou and Mzz, I'll more than likely end up calling CPS seeing as I truly think that my sister is one of the most incompetent mother to ever walk this earth. Unfortunately, as she is currently out of the country I don't know how much they'll be able to do. Here's to hoeing though!!!

Dark, I'm not sure what my sister has rights to anymore. She DID sign over custody so i'm not sure that she can just take her child back without custody legally being given back.

Fear, I will say this once and only once. I ignore you for the most part as I know that you are just trying to get a reaction out of people. However, I NEVER want to hear ANYTHING about my daughter out of you again. My little girl is the best thing in my life and I would do absolutely anything for her. I am not the one who named her, but I happen to love her name. I don't care what you have to say as I rarely see you having anything of any value to say. I am terrified for my daughter and her safety and I do not need your negativity. So if you have something that will be of value to me, I would appreciate hearing it. If not, do me a favor and shut the fuck up.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2009, 00:35 
Keeps it bukkake

Ferox wrote:
Fear, I will say this once and only once. I ignore you for the most part as I know that you are just trying to get a reaction out of people. However, I NEVER want to hear ANYTHING about my daughter out of you again. My little girl is the best thing in my life and I would do absolutely anything for her. I am not the one who named her, but I happen to love her name. I don't care what you have to say as I rarely see you having anything of any value to say. I am terrified for my daughter and her safety and I do not need your negativity. So if you have something that will be of value to me, I would appreciate hearing it. If not, do me a favor and shut the fuck up.

What I was just sayin'

I mean it rhymes with anal please for chrst sake

One morning I woke up and found my favorite pigeon, Julius, had died I was devastated and was gonna use his crate as my stickball bat to honor him. I left the crate on my stoop and went in to get something and I returned to see the sanitation man put the crate into the crusher. I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like a infantile retard. - Mike Tyson

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2009, 00:44 
Foxxy

LOL. If you mispronounce it,yes it does. I never thought of that. Christ, be happy I've been drinking so I'm in a good mood. Otherwise I probably woulda been pissed till I woke up tomorrow.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2009, 00:46 
Keeps it bukkake

Ferox wrote:
LOL. If you mispronounce it,yes it does. I never thought of that. Christ, be happy I've been drinking so I'm in a good mood. Otherwise I probably woulda been pissed till I woke up tomorrow.

I'm disappointed this wasn't a paragraph.

:(

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2009, 00:54 
Foxxy

Sorry man, but there's no way I can get a full paragraph out right now. Too much alcohol.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2009, 01:26 

Quick...flash us your boobs!

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2009, 01:31 
Foxxy

I said I was drunk. Not up for critique on my boobs. Besides, there's a pic of cleavage in the member pics thread.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2009, 04:05 

Cleavage shmeavage...when you're drunk you gotta do something stupid! :)

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2009, 10:33 
Billionaire Boys Club Chairman

0_0: can i be there
Ferox wrote:
She DID sign over custody so i'm not sure that she can just take her child back without custody legally being given back.

You're done. You won. Grats.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2009, 13:10 
Slutty Mexican

0_0: Argentina
this is Sanctuary, show some respect crim.

Ferox, I hope you get the child...let us know how it goes when your sis gets back

and I love the name, makes me think of AmeliƩ

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]