It is currently 24 Nov 2017, 17:13
Buy.com Win Your Bid Today At eBay! GoDaddy.com Hosting & Servers 7-day Free trial of Napster Blockbuster Total Access, Plans as low as $3.99

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Updates as promised
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2009, 23:47 
Foxxy

0_0: USA
Well guys, I know most of you have expressed wants to know what's going on with my mom. Thank you for caring, it's helped more than you can imagine.

The emergency surgery went as well as it could. The infection was a staph infection and like i told most of you earlier today it was in her blood. The doctor said that if she hadn't fallen when she had... well, the fall probably saved her life. They got MOST of the infection out of her leg but there's still a fair bit in her blood and they weren't able to get all of the bacteria that was on the rod in her hip.

They decided that the infection is more than likely from the original surgery almost 15 months ago. So this is a pretty nasty infection. She's still in ICU but she called me from the hospital and she's pretty angry about what's going on so she says once she's out of the hospital we're going to hire a lawyer and see how quickly we can all say malpractice. There might be another surgery tomorrow but they don't know yet.

I am still scared shitless.

Post subject: Re: Updates as promised
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009, 00:24 
Less is More

0_0: New Zealand
at least they picked it up when they did. and the first surgery has gone through well, may not have got all of the infection, but they're on top of the situation, they know what's what and all..? hope you're holding up alright, keep your head up think positively. if anger's the emotion she's feeling, she sounds tough, on top of things herself, so don't worry too much.

Tramps like us, baby we were born to run

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009, 09:36 
Reginald Cuntypants

0_0: Alsations, the lot.
Sounds like she was very lucky. It could have turned out a lot worse.
It sounds like she's pretty stable now, and the doctors are going to do all they can get nurse her back to health. Hopefully it'll just be a case of giving her lots of anti-biotics and keeping an eye on her.

Perhaps you'll be able to pay off the medical bills from the malpractice lawsuit too. Sounds like you've got a pretty good case against them.

Hope she makes a quick recovery and gets to be back with her family soon. Try not to panic too much. Sounds like the worst is over.

*edit*

Quote:
Sounds like she was very lucky.
sounds like she's pretty stable now.
Sounds like you've got a pretty good case against them.
Sounds like the worst is over.

Sounds like I've said that too much. Sorry. :smack:

"It was true that I didn't have much ambition, but there ought to be a place for people without ambition, I mean a better place than the one usually reserved. How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, shit, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so?" - Charles Bukowski

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009, 09:40 

JDC wrote:
at least they picked it up when they did. and the first surgery has gone through well, may not have got all of the infection, but they're on top of the situation, they know what's what and all..? hope you're holding up alright, keep your head up think positively. if anger's the emotion she's feeling, she sounds tough, on top of things herself, so don't worry too much.

:werd:
My thoughts exactly. Keep us posted

I think ima go shoot myself now b/c I actually agreed and UNDERSTOOD what JDC just said right there.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009, 10:11 
Closet Connoisseur

0_0: Balls.
Damn, Ferox, I hope she comes out of surgery well.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009, 10:12 
Less is More

keep strong ferox! it'll work out.

:squint: why if this wasn't the sanctuary, i'd piss in your anus bayou!

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009, 11:45 

JDC wrote:

:squint: why if this wasn't the sanctuary, i'd piss in your anus bayou!

haha. but it really was true! I was amazed that I understood you!

ok, Sorry Ferox. Dont mean to talk about other shit in your thread about your mom

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009, 11:53 
Foxxy

Oh I don't care. Long as you aren't being brutal to each other, I don't mind. Whatever to keep my mind off other things right now really.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009, 15:16 
Creepy Old Man

0_0: Whoville Hash o_0
Was it a MRSI? Those are becoming increasingly common in hospitals. You go in for something routine and you come out with a flesh eating infection that can kill if not caught in time.

Sometimes things work out for the best, she probably didnt think that fall would save her life.

In almost every case a bullet is better than a lawyer.

I want to leave the world the same way I came in: naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009, 17:44 
Foxxy

Yes it was. How the hell she didn't get much sicker before this, the doctor doesn't know.

They're going to move the second surgery to next week. Since they were able to get so much of the infection out last night, the doc wants to give her some time to rest and recover a little bit.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2009, 02:21 
Less is More

sounds like they're on top of shit, it'll be a waiting game. which is prolly gunna suck a whole heap, but there's nothing you can do. try distract yourself, get involved in other things, take your mind off it, but don't forget to go visit her and take her mind off it too

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2009, 10:17 
Creepy Old Man

0_0: Whoville Hash o_0
My cousin got a blood infection and didnt know it, one morning he was in the shower and thought he was having a heart attack so he went to the doc and they found it. His symptoms were shortness of breath, tight chest, radiating pain, all the symptoms of a heart attack, but was a blood infection. Crazy shit.

In almost every case a bullet is better than a lawyer.

I want to leave the world the same way I came in: naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2009, 13:01 
Foxxy

Yeah. She's doing a lot better now. Saw her last night and she's awake, alert, and very happy to be feeling better. And feeling very blessed and lucky. Another 24 hours and she probably would have died. So I am so thankfull she fell. I never knew falling would save a life someday. :/ So since the original surgery went so well on Wed they're going to wait until next week to take out the hip and give her some time to recover and get a little bit better. (Really I think they just want to make sure the infection in her blood doesn't get to her vital organs but that's me being paranoid.) so next week we start on the REALLY fun stuff. (Aka the stuff that is going to suck my life away and make me super stressed out.) And we're gonna start talking about the malpractice/negligence thing. So if anyone *cough*mzz*cough* has advice on that, let me know!

But thank you guys so much for putting up with my cranky ass this week. I've been scared shitless knowing that what she has could kill her. You guys have helped keep me sane honestly.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009, 11:47 
Foxxy

Mom is coming home either Sunday or Monday. YAY! She had her second surgery yesterday and is feeling much better and looking forward to coming home. YAY!!!!!!! :D

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2009, 11:18 

0_0: \m/
Congrats on the 2nd surgery going well, wish you and your mom the best.

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]