It is currently 19 Aug 2017, 02:33
Buy.com Win Your Bid Today At eBay! GoDaddy.com Hosting & Servers 7-day Free trial of Napster Blockbuster Total Access, Plans as low as $3.99

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Freaking out a little
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2008, 17:52 

Well, Fuck me. I never ever thought I would be writing in this pussy topic but here I am. this is so not me but I am seriously beginning to freak out.

So we have this little thing called Hurricane Gustav that is making its way into the gulf as we speak. (or as I type, w/e) Its really starting to freak me out. This bitch seems to be pretty bad ass and if it stays on the intended path, that b/w has not fucking changed any in like 2 days) my house will be completely under fucking water and its scaring the shit of me.

I thankfully, through the grace of God,was spared from any flooding from Katrina. I only had wind damage but most of all, I still had my home and my all shit. So many of my friends and family lost COMPLETELY EVERYTHING! It was heartbreaking to watch them go through what they did and help them rummage through the mess that was left. If they were lucky enough to have anything left. But this time, its coming for me and its just so sereal. Even after seeing what my friends and family went through, I still cant completely comprehend this happening to me. I dont want to know what its like to lose everything.

And I feel like Im just walking around in a daze. Ive done this before. I know the drill, I know to take pics of everything, video, grab pics personal stuff you dont want to lose but how do you really chose what stays and what you can stand to lose? When it really comes down to it, I cant fucking pack anything! I feel like all day today Ive just been pacing around in my house, just looking at shit. We are supposed to leave early Sunday morning and all I have packed is some pics and stuff for my dog. I just cant bring myself to do it. I just dont want to deal with it.

And my fucking husband...that bastard! I feel like I am all alone in dealing with this today. He left this morning to go watch the fucking LSU game at his cousins house. I am a huge tiger fan but seriously, how can you watch a fucking football game for 3.50 hours right now, fucking seriously! Then he's been gone helping friends board up their houses. Which, ok, thats fine but fuck, he needs to be here with me helping ME! We need to take care of our shit first and foremost.

My location is on the Westbank in Jefferson Parish. We are under Mandatory Evacuation right now. We have Barataria Bay and the Intercoastal Canal right behind us and a swamp right next to us. (swamp not literally right next to us but I am totally stupid when it comes to distance. so i guess its like about 1 mile to my right)
Anyway, this bitch stays the way its projected and I end up right on the east side of this storm and I am completley FUCKED! All that water is pushed up right into my sweet little home.

And, I know this is the Sanctuary and you arent supposed to troll this board to begin with but just in case you want to make some smartass comment about my situation, please dont. Im sure alot of the country have certain opinions about New Orleans but we are all not like that. I am not like that. Not what you seen on the TV when it was happening. So please keep that shit to yourself for right now. Seriously cant deal with that right now.

And I am NOT, by any means looking for sympathy. I know exactly where I live and it just comes with my location. This is fine its just that this time its different. This time, without a doubt, Im losing my shit and its really scary.

Oh and just in case anyone whats to listen to what the officals and NOLA citizens are talking about during this process you can click the following links.

http://www.wwl.com
this is a radio station that everyone over here listens to when things go bad. They not only broadcast government annoucements but alot of times they take calls from the citizens themselves.

popular local news station:
http://www.wwltv.com

Post subject: Re: Freaking out a little
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2008, 19:32 
Slutty Mexican

0_0: Argentina
I really can't even imagine what u r going through...I hope u managed to get your things packed, just in case... Good luck tomorrow, I know I can't help u in any way, but try and stay possitive; at least u had warning, an organized evacuation (I can assure u it's not like that avoer here :P) and the chance to save some things u are attached to. In any case, just remember the only thing that matters is yours and your love ones' safety

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2008, 20:55 
Creepy Old Man

0_0: Whoville Hash o_0
I knew you was a westbank girl when you said "ya boy" :bowrofl: :rofl: :bowrofl:

I am bugging out now, hoping that most folks are gonna wait until tomorrow morning to get on the road and I might lip thru the traffic. I am headed up to Shreveport where I got a second home.

Get your important shit and remember that almost all of it can be replaced. Take care of yourself and your familiy THAT is what is important. Good luck and Godspeed!

In almost every case a bullet is better than a lawyer.

I want to leave the world the same way I came in: naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2008, 21:09 
Creepy Old Man

So yea I jsut watched the tv and they saying the westbank is gonna be hit worst. Hope you are already gone... It started raining as I was loading my car... and this is just daily bullshit, the damn thing is still 2 days out. Gonna make driving a real bitch tho.

I want to leave the world the same way I came in: naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2008, 21:55 

Thanks. I am still here so far but am leaving in the morning. Had to go into work to get last min things and grab a laptop. Headed to Gulf Shores I guess sometime in the morning. The report on the news right now is 18-23 foot storm surge. Our levees on the West Bank are only 8-10 foot. :smack:

Well Im still no further along on the packing than I was earlier today. Husband came home and did stuff outside but we still have alot to do. After writing this earlier I actually felt a little better but soon after I listened to our Parish President and have been hysterical ever since. I gotta just snap out of it and get my shit together now. This is so unlike me. I am usually a very strong person and I just cant stand knowing that nothing is in my hands at this point and I have to just deal with it and pray for the best.

Thanks Yerla for the sweet words and Dageaux, Good luck getting out tonight. I will pray for you and your family as well.

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2008, 22:22 
Have you tried turning it off and on again

0_0: Fortress of solitude
Good luck to you BayouGirl.My house was flooded once too,not this way though.Just some stupid river overflowing.It is pretty hard finding stuff to take with you and letting the other stuff stay at home when you know that it'll be destroyed later.But i wish the best of luck to you and most importantly may you find the strength that you have,because that's what is most important now.

Best of luck to you too Dageaux...

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2008, 13:46 
Creepy Old Man

BayouGirl25 wrote:
I listened to our Parish President and have been hysterical ever since. I gotta just snap out of it and get my shit together now. This is so unlike me. I am usually a very strong person and I just cant stand knowing that nothing is in my hands at this point and I have to just deal with it and pray for the best.

Broussard is a panic mongering idiot who couldn't find his ass with both hands, you should have heard him crying on the emergency radio system during Katrina "ooo what will we do, we have no help from feds, no help from state, poor pitiful me what ever will I do. I know! We will just sucede (sp?) from the union and form a little country of our own here in louisiana..."

Dumbass

Glad to hear you made it out

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2008, 14:02 
Mod

0_0: Hawkeye Nation
Wow. I really hope you are alright. did the damage end up being bad?

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2008, 14:24 

dageaux wrote:
BayouGirl25 wrote:
I listened to our Parish President and have been hysterical ever since. I gotta just snap out of it and get my shit together now. This is so unlike me. I am usually a very strong person and I just cant stand knowing that nothing is in my hands at this point and I have to just deal with it and pray for the best.

Broussard is a panic mongering idiot who couldn't find his ass with both hands, you should have heard him crying on the emergency radio system during Katrina "ooo what will we do, we have no help from feds, no help from state, poor pitiful me what ever will I do. I know! We will just sucede (sp?) from the union and form a little country of our own here in louisiana..."

Dumbass

Glad to hear you made it out

HAHA!! Yes, we were declared "Jeffersonia" That was pretty hysterical!

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2008, 14:29 

Anon wrote:
Wow. I really hope you are alright. did the damage end up being bad?

Thankfully the storm was alot smaller and moved pretty quickly from our area. We barely had any damage in my area. Terrebonne and Lafourche parishes however were not as lucky. The best was that the levees for the most part did hold so nothing catastrophic like after Katrina. Getting power back on is the major problem right now. They are saying some parishes will not be back up until end of Septemeber. My parents just got back power late last night.

We are watching Hurricane Ike right now though. He should be in central gulf I think on Tuesday so they we will be able to better predict the path. I dont think it will hit us though and probably go to Texas.

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]