It is currently 26 Jun 2017, 19:18
Buy.com Win Your Bid Today At eBay! GoDaddy.com Hosting & Servers 7-day Free trial of Napster Blockbuster Total Access, Plans as low as $3.99

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I just got fucked!
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2010, 19:22 
Creepy Old Man

0_0: Whoville Hash o_0
/rant

So yea my appearance before the judge happened today and while I still don't have the results (ie the final decision)because my fucktard of a lawyer hasn't called me with the details yet. I got SCREWED! He TOTALLY dropped the ball and practically rolled over in front of the judge today.

At jeopardy:
1.) My child support will definitely go up. I knew this going in, but it still sucks, this was my loss leader. a loss leader of between $250- $570/ month. That is part of the final decision, which I hope to get details on tomorrow.
2.) I am asking for half of travel expenses. The judge mentioned reducing CS on a annual basis to mitigate that. I can deal with that I guess, but I really wanted to see some out of pocket expense. The bottom line is she has gone far too long with no visible means of support.
3.) She wants me to pay for HER goddamned legal expenses so that SHE can profit from this whole deal. My lawyer cost me $2000, She fucking ran up a $6800 goddamned bill at the same rate $250/hr for each lawyer.

How the fucktard dropped the ball:
1.) In mediation which we did before Thanksgiving we agreed to several points. one of which is that we would BOTH take drug tests. I took and passed mine (no small surprise) but she neglected to do so. This never came up even though I asked my lawyer about it repeatedly before meeting with the judge. Her excuse was "she couldn't afford it. Hell after we exchange $1000 a month (tax free for her, I have to pay income tax with no write offs or deductions) we have the same net income.
2.) Also in mediation we both agreed not to talk down the other parent to the children. Without going into a whole lot of background, in December I paid doctor bills for my daughters, bought them glasses and contacts, and paid others of their bills. I deducted this out of the normal child support because I knew that bitch wasn't going to pay me half of those bills, for obvious reasons. About 15 minutes after the check hit the bank I got a text message from my oldest daughter, and I quote "You are a sorry sack of shit and you'll be lucky if u ever see me again " (I haven't actually seen her in 3 years because she has been a total asshole to me since she found I was was suing her mother for regularly scheduled visitation and fair travel)

Now the part that just burns my ass the most? All these financial sanctions listed above will probably be payroll deducted (the increased CS, the legal fees, any back CS they feel like dragging out of me, etc.) so I don't really have a choice as to whether I have to comply yet she can (as she has always fucking done) flout any and all rules, agreements, or court fucking orders. My original divorce agreement stated that I would have access to the education and medical records of the children, yet I don't have that. It also said that I would have half summers which I have never gotten. I don't understand the double standard that I have to comply to every goddamn thing anyone dreams up, but she doesn't even have to keep from poisoning my children against me.

I am furious at my lawyer. I have been feeding this cocksucker PILES of incriminating evidence. I have documentation going back to before my divorce showing falsified bills, insurance fraud, padded receipts, everything I have made her submit to me before I would give her any money. He refuses to even look at it, or if he does he just pats me on the head and says "oh don't worry about that, that really isn't pertinent to the case at hand, we wont be discussing those issues at this meeting." I have reams of paper documenting all this shit, and no one would even submit it. In hind sight I should have just handed the papers to the judge and told him to enter all this shit into evidence. I just kept expecting my lawyer to pick up the ball and go with it, and the next thing I knew they were ushering me out the door.

In almost every case a bullet is better than a lawyer.

I want to leave the world the same way I came in: naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.

Post subject: Re: I just got fucked!
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2010, 22:53 

fucking hell Dageaux. Im sorry to hear all of that. Really sucks. Can you appeal this and get another lawyer?

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2010, 23:20 
Creepy Old Man

0_0: Whoville Hash o_0
well if I dont end up paying for her lawyer I intend to do so right away, if I do have to pay her lawyer then it will have to wait until I can afford to try again.

In almost every case a bullet is better than a lawyer.

I want to leave the world the same way I came in: naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2010, 23:49 
Bitchzilla

0_0: Wisconsin
Please excuse my earlier post about why you'll be in court, I read this and understand now.

“Know what's weird? Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything's different.”

-Bill Watterson

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2010, 14:37 
Lurker

0_0: Im Bare Awsome.
I'm really sorry about your situation Dag.

Bad stuff happens to good people and it looks like thats just the way it is. Just remember that you are one of the few geniunley good people in the world and that even though you do make mistakes, you always are thinking of other people and I respect you for that.

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2010, 14:30 
Mod

0_0: Hawkeye Nation
I hear Mexico is warm this time of year....

But in all seriousness. Fuck. That sucks. The system is stacked against men. I spend a lot of time reading reddit.com/mensrights because I fear this issue might come up in my life someday.

You might want to replace your lawyer and finding a real shark.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]