It is currently 24 May 2017, 03:09
Buy.com Win Your Bid Today At eBay! GoDaddy.com Hosting & Servers 7-day Free trial of Napster Blockbuster Total Access, Plans as low as $3.99

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I remember...
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2008, 19:57 
Creepy Old Man

0_0: Whoville Hash o_0
I remember her laugh, how it could infect a room full of people. I remember her voice that sang like no one was listening. I remember her smile, how it made my day. I remember her values that taught me right from wrong. I remember her hard work, how she provided for me alone in a world when no one else would. I remember her sitting at her desk poring over bills, crying and saying "Please God if I can just make it through this month". I remember her cutting wit, she could embarrass me and make me laugh at the same time. I remember her advice, always true and often what I didn't want to hear, but needed to. I remember her sacrifice, that she gave all she had and some that she found. I remember her love, unconditional, complete. I remember her vitality, she was more alive than anyone I have ever met. I remember her ups and downs, I remember her life, and today I remembered that it was her birthday.

I love you mom, it's been 15 years and not a day goes by that I don't think of you and wonder if you would be proud of the man I have become.

In almost every case a bullet is better than a lawyer.

I want to leave the world the same way I came in: naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.

Post subject: Re: I remember...
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2008, 20:08 
Bitchzilla

0_0: Wisconsin
That seriously almost made me cry. My sympathies, all the way.

...What happened?

“Know what's weird? Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything's different.”

-Bill Watterson

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2008, 20:14 
Lurker

dageaux wrote:
not a day goes by that I don't think of you and wonder if you would be proud of the man I have become.
I'm pretty confident she would be damn proud of you (or "is damn proud", depending on your opinion about the whole afterlife thing). Thanks for sharing that, man.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2008, 20:21 
Creepy Old Man

Cancer and it took her fast. She was diagnosed in July and dead before October.

In a way that was a blessing, she didn't suffer long, but had time to put her affairs in order. I got to tell her goodbye, but it is never enough, is it?

On a side note, I have been fighting tears all day, when I got home I couldn't fight it anymore and had to release it somehow.

I want to leave the world the same way I came in: naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2008, 20:45 
Creepy Old Man

When I was a baby she called me "Juggle-butt" because apparently when I was in daipers I kinda waddled or something. Later when I got older, I asked that she stop calling me that, so she called me "Pecker-head" but in public she called me "Pecky". It was our little joke and it makes me smile when I remember it.

She had a mouth that would make a sailor blush, she was a Nurse Anesthetist and apparently some very foul language happens in the OR when the patient is asleep. I learned some really nasty words from her. She could tell the dirtiest joke without so much as a flinch and also had no problems discussing medical procedures at the dinner table. I still get grossed out when my SO (also an OR nurse although not an anesthetist) starts talking shop at home.

She took me to my very first concert (James Taylor), my first movie (Animal House), she bought my first car stereo, hell my first car for that matter. She was probably the best mother I have ever known.

I miss her....

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2008, 20:51 
Been here too long

0_0: About ready to quit
My sympathies.
I would try to write a message of comfort but no words could really achieve that. She sounded like an amazing woman.
But I will second what Rama said, I'm sure she would be proud of you.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2008, 13:56 
Billionaire Boys Club Chairman

0_0: can i be there
Happy Birthday Momma Dag.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2008, 14:39 
Have you tried turning it off and on again

0_0: Fortress of solitude
Sorry to hear that dag. Stay strong...

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]