It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 20:59
Buy.com Win Your Bid Today At eBay! GoDaddy.com Hosting & Servers 7-day Free trial of Napster Blockbuster Total Access, Plans as low as $3.99

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Windows 7 Sins
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2009, 15:58 
Reginald Cuntypants

0_0: Alsations, the lot.
So about that upgrade... :ugh:

http://en.windows7sins.org/

TL;DR - Bill Gates is a cunt who bullies the competition and tries to stop you using alternative products, whilst forcing you to buy Microsoft.

"It was true that I didn't have much ambition, but there ought to be a place for people without ambition, I mean a better place than the one usually reserved. How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, shit, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so?" - Charles Bukowski

Post subject: Re: Windows 7 Sins
PostPosted: 17 Oct 2009, 21:40 
Have you tried turning it off and on again

0_0: Fortress of solitude
He doesn't dark. The hardware manufacturers aren't FORCED to buy windows, and how the fuck would they even be? Its simple because more people want windows on their pc than mac or linux, which are both faggy. Also I don't see how Windows stops you from using open source. I use tons of open source shit, but I would never use open office because I find that crap compared to word 2007 or office in general. Windows 7 is the best OS I have seen after XP. Period. Mac is faggy and Linux has a learning curve.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2009, 21:45 
Been here too long

0_0: O_o?
they do actively try to "discourage" competetors from starting up, and your average user isn't going to know about freeware alternatives. consider joe schmoe going to bestbuy to get a new machine - it's impossible to get one without windows, because all the major manufacturers have signed contracts with ms to have the machines come preloaded. they should give you the option of which windows version you want (including none), and then they can install it for you.

[23:45] enlever: Ugh, I officially hate white heads >.<
[23:46] ro: im sorry, we'll all go decapitate ourselves..
[23:46] inthebetween: YAY GROUP DECAPITATION

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2009, 00:42 

But my point is no one forces the manufacturers to shift windows with the PCs right? I mean they know that people buy Windows more than they buy mac, so they install windows on it. Now it would be good to have options on the versions, but that's totally the manufacturer's decision.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2009, 04:29 
Been here too long

no the point is it's ms making it a "financially sound" choice. ms pays big bucks to make sure that their software comes preloaded. manufacturers like big bucks. pays for that second home in argentina. smaller companys can't out-bid ms to get their os available as an option even, nevermind preloaded..
and its the same way with Intel and anything else that comes with one of those logo stickers on a new comp.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2009, 11:51 
Foxxy

0_0: USA
Which is why when you know enough about computers, build your own! Or have someone build one for you. (Which is what I did.) honestly, best decision I ever made. Granted, I still chose to buy windows, but I can have up to 4 OS(s?) on it so I don't mind having windows on here. However, I can't wait to get rid of Vista.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2009, 13:01 
Creepy Old Man

0_0: Whoville Hash o_0
Ferox wrote:
Which is why when you know enough about computers, build your own!

I have built several for myself. No warranty sucks, its awfully nice to pick up a phone and say, "my shit is broke send me another motherboard". And I wouldn't even begin to try and build a laptop.

That being said, I will probably build my next computer. :smack:

In almost every case a bullet is better than a lawyer.

I want to leave the world the same way I came in: naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2009, 13:15 
Big Daddy Phat

0_0: Drinkin'
The money you save building your own will buy you a new motherboard, and if you build it properly, you shouldn't need more than that any time soon.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2009, 15:20 

Ro I do agree with that though. But I don't have a problem with that...yet because Windows is better than mac and linux. Period. People still have the option to change their OS after getting a Windows pc but they don't, that's because windows is easier to use and has much more stuff for it than probably linux and mac combined.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2009, 08:12 
Spam Warrior

0_0: UK
Id just like to clarify that its not bill gates fault he stepped down years ago... MS was good when he was the big guns.

you used to get the impression that Bill didnt care if you pirated it because if a kid at home pirates it then uses it at school with word and excel, he is more likely to learn how to use all MS programs, then when that kid goes off and gets a job all the companys have to buy business licences cause thats all the kids know to use... it just seemed bill was looking at the bigger picture this new guy who i have never cared to find out who he was introduced all the DRM crap not Billy

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2009, 08:14 
Spam Warrior

crimsonred wrote:
Ro I do agree with that though. But I don't have a problem with that...yet because Windows is better than mac and linux. Period. People still have the option to change their OS after getting a Windows pc but they don't, that's because windows is easier to use and has much more stuff for it than probably linux and mac combined.

Your wasting your time trying to tell Ro that Windows is better than Mac Os cause in her line of work it jst doesnt cut the custard... Mac is generations ahead in that area

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2009, 08:27 
Reginald Cuntypants

Mark Peterman wrote:
Id just like to clarify that its not bill gates fault he stepped down years ago... MS was good when he was the big guns.

you used to get the impression that Bill didnt care if you pirated it because if a kid at home pirates it then uses it at school with word and excel, he is more likely to learn how to use all MS programs, then when that kid goes off and gets a job all the companys have to buy business licences cause thats all the kids know to use... it just seemed bill was looking at the bigger picture this new guy who i have never cared to find out who he was introduced all the DRM crap not Billy

I did not know this. :ugh: I thought Gates was still running the show.
Who's this new guy, then? I suppose I should hate him instead.

"It was true that I didn't have much ambition, but there ought to be a place for people without ambition, I mean a better place than the one usually reserved. How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, shit, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so?" - Charles Bukowski

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2009, 08:33 
Spam Warrior

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Ballmer

Since January 2000

Bill is chairman now which means he "looks after money"

Steve makes all the decisions

edit:

wiki wrote:
In 2009, and for the first time ever, he made the opening keynote at CES, since Bill Gates left Microsoft.

and it would appear bill left completely this year

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2009, 11:14 
Billionaire Boys Club Chairman

0_0: can i be there
He isn't new per se he has been with Microsoft since it's founding.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2009, 11:14 
Spam Warrior

new position though innit

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2009, 12:47 

He's a dick. I saw his keynote speech at the CES...

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2009, 14:50 
Been here too long

Mark Peterman wrote:
crimsonred wrote:

Your wasting your time trying to tell Ro that Windows is better than Mac Os cause in her line of work it jst doesnt cut the custard... Mac is generations ahead in that area

:ugh: how did i ever leave you the impression that i like macs? maybe back in the day they used to be better for graphics programs, but im quite happy the way everything works on my pc ("works" being of subjective definition under vista..). i just can't stand the marketing practices of either of the big companies. buy an overpriced mac that only functions with other overpriced mac brand stuff, or buy a pc which automatically comes with the newest version of windows no matter if its buggy as shit and the old one works better. i'm all about the consumer's choice.

that stated, since im no longer commuting to uni/work, i no longer need a laptop & i plan on building my own machine and will probably run it on abuntu. (this will occur next month when i win the lottery.)

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2009, 15:33 
Spam Warrior

Its not just the software its the way the hardware works, macs are on a constant tick over where as pc's use threading, pc had to develop a quad core to do what a mac has been able to do all along... just saying like, i love pc and would never use a mac, but i'll admit defeat im not a fan boy

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2009, 16:14 
Reginald Cuntypants

The only thing that puts me off of a mac is that they're not really very upgradable. I'd like to be able to plug in a few extras when the old hardware starts getting outdated.
I'd also say I'm quite happy with Windows 7, it's just that I don't agree with how Microsoft harvest information without telling you. The fact that they don't just ask suggests that they're doing something a bit shifty. :ugh:

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2009, 16:18 
Spam Warrior

They do ask its in the EULA

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2009, 00:05 

True. And ro don't make Ubuntu your main OS. Its nice, but its too alternative. You'll be stuck finding shit for it all the time. Get Windows 7, preferably the Ultimate version. And you're set.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2009, 10:28 
Been here too long

0_0: [_]? or |=---|
Crim wrote:
dont use ubuntu as main OS

Have you tried Ubuntu Koala, Its a bit of work upgrading from jaunty so I haven't yet but apparently you will need win less and less with it. There's a virtual box and other nicknacks.
Not that Windows wont beat it hands down :ugh:

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2009, 12:36 
Spam Warrior

crimsonred wrote:
True.

Are we the only people that read the ELUA???

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2009, 12:43 
Been here too long

Mark Peterman wrote:
crimsonred wrote:
True.

Are we the only people that read the ELUA???

yes.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2009, 12:57 
Spam Warrior

Damn...

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next