It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 19:23
Buy.com Win Your Bid Today At eBay! GoDaddy.com Hosting & Servers 7-day Free trial of Napster Blockbuster Total Access, Plans as low as $3.99

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thoughts on Pre-nups
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2008, 11:11 
Mod

0_0: Hawkeye Nation
Do you think its a good idea? Will you get one? Will you refuse to marry with one (or without one)? What would you want protected by it (Kids? Inheritance? Business? Other assets, etc)

Anyway wondered what you guys thought of the subject

Post subject: Re: Thoughts on Pre-nups
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2008, 12:59 
Slutty Mexican

0_0: Argentina
don't get married if u think u need a prenup. seriously, what's the point? just have a pretend wedding if u r doing it for the party!

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2008, 14:15 
Buster Himen

0_0: USA
i have heard that argument about dont get married if you think you need one but after what i can only imagine would be a hard divorce (im just breaking up with someone of 3 years, i cant fathom 15 - 20 years) people can do mean and hurtful things. one of which is a woman taking money that may not be hers or a guy taking something that may not be his.

luckily me and my ex are going through it pretty easy but we do have bad nights where we get mad and say mean shit so i can only imagine if i had 12 more years tacked on and money in the bank to fight over.

if you have that much that it might be worth taking i would at least sit down and discuss a pre-nup.

"I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically."

-Steven Wright

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2008, 17:18 
Epic Cocksucker

Is a pre-nup when you pre-plan what to do if you get divorced and make it legal so one person doesn't get screwed?

I don't know what to think. I'm a mellow person and not vengeful. I've been married and divorced and it was easy. It might be a good idea for selfish people or those not confident in their love, or even those prone to be stupid and fuck up relationships by betraying their partner (cheaters).

In my current situation (not married, but really really wanting to be); my guy is hesitant and doesn't want to take the step with me because he doesn't believe in it and only sees it as a tax break and a way for one partner to get bullied with the threat of "haha, half your shit is mine, biotch!".

I would be open to per-nup with him to give him a sense of security and to not put him in a position of feeling controlled. Even still, I can't imagine how people treasure their belongings more than each other...

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2008, 17:28 
Creepy Old Man

0_0: Whoville Hash o_0
Having gotten CLEANED OUT in a divorce (I literally walked away with the clothes on my back and about 65% of my take-home pay promised in child support, to which I can happily say I have never missed a payment) There is no way in hell I would ever get married again without a prenup.

As someone noted above, people get nasty in divorces and in my case I was willing to give the cunt anything she wanted to get her the hell away from me and still have access to my duaghters. Now I am engaged to be married again and we agreed on a pre-nup. In fact my fiance wanted one as much as I did, altho for different reasons. My reasons: 1.) because I just won't leave myself unprotected again, 2.) You always know that SO is with you because they love you not because you pay their bills or because it is cheaper and easier to stay together than to go through the hassle and pain of a divorce.

My Fiance's reason for wanting a pre-nup (PAY ATTENTION HERE LADIES THIS IS IMPORTANT) my ex-wife will NOT have access to my new wife's income. You see, without a Pre-nup all income is family/joint income, therefore that ex who is still getting alimony/child support checks now has access to 2 paychecks instead of one. My fiance makes more money than I do, and I will be damned if that cunt of an ex-wife I have will make my new love's life miserable as she has made mine miserable.

I havent bothered to tell the cunt about the pre-nup yet, I know she is champing at the bit for me to get married so she can sue me for more money. I am hoping that she spends a shitload on lawyers to sue me for more Child support before I drop the bomb on her that our income is completely seperate and she cant get a dime from my new wife.

In almost every case a bullet is better than a lawyer.

I want to leave the world the same way I came in: naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2008, 21:18 
Mod

Damn how many years of child support/ alimony you owe? usually alimony is just 3 years right?

im sure having done this before, youve talked to a lawyer about that element. (the joint income) I had no idea that they could go after you new wife's money.

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2008, 18:14 
Bitchzilla

0_0: Wisconsin
Could someone sum up what a pre-nup actually is..?

Please and thank you

“Know what's weird? Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything's different.”

-Bill Watterson

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2008, 18:47 
Lurker

0_0: vagabundo
EnleverJusteLeBord wrote:

Please and thank you

Google it twat

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2008, 21:51 
Bitchzilla

Arcing Ropes Of Jism wrote:

Please and thank you

Google it twat

How fucking helpful. Thank you for your time and wisdom.

“Know what's weird? Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything's different.”

-Bill Watterson

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2008, 22:11 
Lurker

0_0: vagabundo
How fucking helpful. Thank you for your time and wisdom.

Your not worth my time or my wisdom.....Especially not if you're too stupid to google something.....

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2008, 08:37 

Please and thank you

MissBrown wrote:
Is a pre-nup when you pre-plan what to do if you get divorced and make it legal so one person doesn't get screwed?

That pretty much sums it up.

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2008, 09:19 
Mod

As far as a prenup goes... it can cover several thinsg...

1) if a biz owner marries someone, they dont deserve half the biz just for fucking him and giving him companionship.

2) an heir deserves to keep his / her inheritance.

3) no one should EVER EVER EVER have to pay alimony. Bitch get a god damned job.

4) child support should be a pre-set amount per/month. its a child not a paychcek

5) all assets i have going in, im taking with me out.

that is my prenup.. you dont get half my shit for tricking me into something you apparently didnt want or understand.

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2008, 14:36 
Bitchzilla

Anon wrote:
As far as a prenup goes... it can cover several thinsg...

1) if a biz owner marries someone, they dont deserve half the biz just for fucking him and giving him companionship.

2) an heir deserves to keep his / her inheritance.

3) no one should EVER EVER EVER have to pay alimony. Bitch get a god damned job.

4) child support should be a pre-set amount per/month. its a child not a paychcek

5) all assets i have going in, im taking with me out.

that is my prenup.. you dont get half my shit for tricking me into something you apparently didnt want or understand.

Oh okay.. so like if the marriage goes bad she can't sue you or whatever for all your shit? It's basically stating that you get out with the same stuff you went into the marriage with..

-Bill Watterson

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2008, 16:06 
Mod

thats what prenups usually consist of... also I dont want to owe her shit for her breaking my heart.

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2008, 16:35 
Bitchzilla

I see, that makes sense

-Bill Watterson

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2009, 21:37 
Billionaire Boys Club Chairman

0_0: can i be there
ROFL that is amazing spam

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2009, 17:01 

0_0: Yes, I'm that bored.
I think it's completely nessassary many people say if you think you need a prenup then you shouldn't marry the person.. Hey we aren't mind readers how do we know what's gonna go down years down the road. I'm going to school and studying criminal law, I have a lot of hard work to get through and seven years of school. If I get married after all my schooling and hardwork then things go south and the love dies out why on earth should my ex get half my shit? Women get upset about the prenup being brought to their attention but look at it this way, if you plan on our marriage lasting the prenup wont matter... but for my security if shit goes south you dont deserve half the money I worked my ass off for in school to get. btw check the divorce rate in america... its about half the marriages that fail.. If BC was 50% would you ride bareback? No, you wouldnt.

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]