It is currently 20 Sep 2017, 23:59
Buy.com Win Your Bid Today At eBay! GoDaddy.com Hosting & Servers 7-day Free trial of Napster Blockbuster Total Access, Plans as low as $3.99

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Body Language.
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2009, 11:44 
Reginald Cuntypants

0_0: Alsations, the lot.
This isn't just for sexual relationships, but learning to read and use body language is all pretty useful when trying to attract somebody. It's also pretty handy for generally relating to people well. Most of our communication is through body language, only a small percentage is what we actually say.
If you spend a little time learning this, it'll really boost your social skills.

[= Using Body Language =]

"It was true that I didn't have much ambition, but there ought to be a place for people without ambition, I mean a better place than the one usually reserved. How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, shit, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so?" - Charles Bukowski

Post subject: Re: Body Language.
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2009, 19:23 
Bitchzilla

0_0: Wisconsin
Interesting. Most of it's pretty legit.

“Know what's weird? Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything's different.”

-Bill Watterson

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2009, 19:28 
Spam Warrior

0_0: UK
Quote:
Attack signals

When somebody is about to attack, they give visual signal such as clenching of fists ready to strike and lowering and spreading of the body for stability. They are also likely to give anger signs such as redness of the face.

Ya think???

This whole website seems to be full of advice that you'd have to be a complete mormin to not know this stuff..

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2009, 20:17 
Been here too long

0_0: About ready to quit
Mark Peterman wrote:
Quote:
Attack signals

When somebody is about to attack, they give visual signal such as clenching of fists ready to strike and lowering and spreading of the body for stability. They are also likely to give anger signs such as redness of the face.

Ya think???

This whole website seems to be full of advice that you'd have to be a complete mormin to not know this stuff..

True but a good amount of people are oblivious to these signals. I'm assuming this site is geared towards this population.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2009, 10:46 
Reginald Cuntypants

We all notice things subconsciously, and of course the obvious things are... obvious, but we rarely consciously think about it. It's as much about learning how to put out good body language as much as learning to read it.
It's not all stating the bloody obvious either. The example you mocked is talking about very intense emotions which have very strong signals. The more subtle things are less obvious, such as dilated pupils and raised eyebrows when a person finds you attractive. What they do with their hands, and which direction their legs face, there's a lot of things that we don't consciously notice but are good indicators of how people feel about you, and thus how you can use this information to form a relationship.

Everyone's a critic.

"It was true that I didn't have much ambition, but there ought to be a place for people without ambition, I mean a better place than the one usually reserved. How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, shit, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so?" - Charles Bukowski

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2009, 22:25 

0_0: I Proud be Russian
Very Interesting.....

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2009, 22:26 
Closet Connoisseur

0_0: Balls.
o__________o

But since it's been bumped, I would like to point out how it's funny that Dark is giving us tips on boosting our social skills. :)

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2009, 23:38 
Mod

0_0: Hawkeye Nation
also:

http://www.amazon.com/Body-Language-Sec ... 0962067164

worthy read. Own it.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2009, 05:10 
Been here too long

0_0: [_]? or |=---|
Is it the general consensus that reading body language is fair, or is it like delving into someones personal shit.

I mean, obviously, one could use these powers for good, but one could also manipulate ones approach in order to get the desired response from ones 'target', and lets face it, ones 'target' may be there for the same reasons but afraid/unaware of how to treat the situation, in ones eyes, one was just taking the conversation where it was destined to go.. Is there a line...

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2009, 07:14 
Spam Warrior

0_0: UK
Daniellllleee wrote:
o__________o

But since it's been bumped, I would like to point out how it's funny that Dark is giving us tips on boosting our social skills. :)

IAWT :rofl:

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2009, 08:38 
Reginald Cuntypants

*Pulls knife out of back*

Damn, how did that get there?

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2009, 09:57 
Closet Connoisseur

0_0: Balls.
I do still love you Darky <3
Just had to point out the irony.

*hugs*

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]