It is currently 19 Sep 2017, 13:49
Buy.com Win Your Bid Today At eBay! GoDaddy.com Hosting & Servers 7-day Free trial of Napster Blockbuster Total Access, Plans as low as $3.99

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Depo
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2009, 09:48 
Bitchzilla

0_0: Wisconsin
I need a little help. Mom gave in(due to my "irregular periods") and I got the shot yesterday at like 10:30 in the morning.

Now, I haven't had my period yet, but there is NO chance I'm pregnant because I've been avoiding males for a while, since my last period, among other things.

People and websites say that I'm supposed to wait to get it until I have my period, or something of the sort, but the doctor says that that's just to make sure I'm not pregnant. Websites and a nurse at the hospital say it's not effective until given with my period.

I looked around, but the internet is sketchy, it's supposed to work the day of, where as the pill takes like 2 weeks.

My question is, If I got the shot yesterday, in theory I'm supposed to be okay today, but I DIDN'T get that shot while I was having my period, is it still safe?

“Know what's weird? Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything's different.”

-Bill Watterson

Post subject: Re: Depo
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2009, 11:57 
Epic Cocksucker

0_0: USA
I imagine the worse that could happen is that your cycle will be off a bit.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2009, 12:01 
Reginald Cuntypants

0_0: Alsations, the lot.
I think that with the pill you have to take breaks to allow for your period. I think the shot probably works in a similar way by making your body think it's pregnant, thus stopping it from releasing a new egg at the start of a new cycle. Therefore no periods from there on until the progesterone clears from your system.
Though I'm male and not a doctor, so you can probably just ignore me. I just read a lot.

"It was true that I didn't have much ambition, but there ought to be a place for people without ambition, I mean a better place than the one usually reserved. How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, shit, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so?" - Charles Bukowski

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2009, 13:04 
Bitchzilla

I actually don't get my period at all.. Every 3 months I go in and get another shot, and that's that. If I wanna get pregnant I just stop the shot and like 3 to 4 months after that I'll be good to go.

So you think it's okay B?

“Know what's weird? Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything's different.”

-Bill Watterson

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2009, 14:22 
Reginald Cuntypants

0_0: Alsations, the lot.
By the way, I think that if you're on hormonal contraception for too long it can screw with you permanently. I'm not sure just how long is too long, but next time you go in for a jab, ask about it.

"It was true that I didn't have much ambition, but there ought to be a place for people without ambition, I mean a better place than the one usually reserved. How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, shit, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so?" - Charles Bukowski

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2009, 15:23 
Slutty Mexican

0_0: Argentina
EnleverJusteLeBord wrote:
I actually don't get my period at all.. Every 3 months I go in and get another shot, and that's that. If I wanna get pregnant I just stop the shot and like 3 to 4 months after that I'll be good to go.

I dont like that kind of treatment...i mean, its supposed to be like 98% effective, but if you don't get your period at all...there's a 2% chance you might be pregnant and won't find out until its too late......

Stop asking medical questions on the internet and listen to your doc!

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2009, 16:31 
Bitchzilla

Lol, I heart you YerlA.

But Dark, that's mildly true, the longer you're on it the longer it takes once you're off to get back to being 'regular' and able to have kids.

-Bill Watterson

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2009, 19:48 
Post Whore

My friend Shannon tried Depo. Then she got her period for 3 months straight.
Just imagine the pile of tampons after she was done.

/end useless post

I'm a greasy teenager with nothing going for me... keep your distance from me... It's people like you who have fucked me up royally in the first place -and you know I'm a mess… I just can't seem to get over wanting everybody to like me. - #1 Queen of TOT

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2009, 23:46 
Epic Cocksucker

EnleverJusteLeBord wrote:

I was supposed to be on that stuff that stops it all together, but it didn't work and I don't insurance and whatnot... my probs can't seem to be fixed with hormones, but I don't recall any insane side effects that aren't common to all hormone treatments.

Watch out for blood clots and pain or tingling in your legs, those can be deadly for real.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2009, 13:53 
Bitchzilla

That's what I've been told. Thanks.

-Bill Watterson

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2009, 14:23 

I dont particularly agree with something that stops your period all together. idk, something just doesnt seem right about that.

But anyway, Im just very excited for you En that at least you got something and can now be protected. Hopefully this will help you with your cramps too.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2009, 16:29 
Bitchzilla

That's actually the rout I took Bayou, that it's just weird not being in pain and pissed off for a good week out of every four, but the doctor said he understood and if it didn't work out I could switch to pills or the ring, but would want me to be protected to the full for a younger girl who is less likely to remember an everyday thing.

But thank you! I'm glad too, and asking mommy dearest wasn't really that hard, she disapproves even more now, but I guess in her head it came down to that or a pregnant daughter. Lesser of two evils.

And My friends actually had that period for like 3 months thing too.. but I guess that's not really likely, soo... I dunno.. :/

-Bill Watterson

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2009, 10:47 
Creepy Old Man

0_0: Whoville Hash o_0
What is it that parents (some parents) just don't get about teen sex. It's GONNA happen, you CAN'T stop it, bitching about it only makes it MORE likely to happen. the whole "No sex before marriage" was created for a time when birth control was not an option. Realistically did your mom not have sex before she married her current low life? Does she honestly think that calling you a whore is going to make you not want to run out and find out what all the fuss is about? I mean honestly What The Fuck??!!??

See I approached it from the opposite direction. I told my daughters "I hope you are smart enough not to get preggers" I gave them every opportunity to provide for protection. When my daughter went on her first date I gave her a condom. Agreed I did not put her on BC pills when she started having menstrual cycles, but she was 12 for chrissake, Hormones at that age can be detrimental to development. their mother explained the whole process to them in great detail, including bodily fluid exchange, descriptions of smells etc. hahaha that put them off more than anything. Although honestly I think the ex wife was a bit frigid so I'm sure she didn't properly explain the enjoyment that can come out of a good romp. (She was one of those who had to lock the doors, take a bath, brush her teeth, turn off every light in the house, close all the curtains and then put a pillow over her head because "Someone might hear, OMG") But I digress.

And you know what? my daughters have like zero interest in sex, none, nadda, zip. In fact the 14 year old still says "Ewwww" every time the subject comes up. I think the 16 year old has probably "done it" but she is enough like her mother that I expect if she did, she didn't enjoy it.

Parents (people in general) can be so stupid sometimes.

I'm glad you got some form of hormonal BC. Hopefully it will help with your cramping etc and possibly even regulate your cycles.

In almost every case a bullet is better than a lawyer.

I want to leave the world the same way I came in: naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2009, 19:06 
Lurker

The depo shot is the devil. I hated the side effects from it. I'm not sure about your question. Just use a back up?

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2009, 18:56 
Bitchzilla

I dunno, I'm waitin to see if the side effects suck. But thanks you guys. The approach dag took is the some one I'm hoping to take. And the one I wish my mom had.

Not that it matters, but to answer you dag, my mom didn't actually marry the guy, and was 19, so I guess she hopes I don't turn out like her...(?)

-Bill Watterson

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2009, 15:35 
Post Whore

Quote:
And you know what? my daughters have like zero interest in sex, none, nadda, zip. In fact the 14 year old still says "Ewwww" every time the subject comes up.

Of course they're going to play that game when they think their parents might hear. But secretly, they're both out getting banged by 3 black guys every second weekend.

I'm a greasy teenager with nothing going for me... keep your distance from me... It's people like you who have fucked me up royally in the first place -and you know I'm a mess… I just can't seem to get over wanting everybody to like me. - #1 Queen of TOT

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2009, 23:32 
Billionaire Boys Club Chairman

0_0: can i be there
why they gotta be black? you feeling insecure two?

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2009, 08:24 
Less is More

0_0: New Zealand
cuz steriotypically black dudes have massive wangers. and perhaps dag's daughters love the big black cock?

Tramps like us, baby we were born to run

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2009, 12:44 

JDC wrote:
cuz steriotypically black dudes have massive wangers. and perhaps dag's daughters love the big black cock?

Its not a stereotype at all. Its the truth

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2009, 13:06 
Been here too long

0_0: About ready to quit
Looks like Bayou likes the black cock.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2009, 13:16 
Lurker

The_Almighty_Stan wrote:
Looks like Bayou likes the black cock.

uhh she is from Louisiana, its a requirement.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2009, 13:29 
Been here too long

0_0: About ready to quit
Heh good point

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2009, 05:42 
Less is More

BayouGirl25 wrote:
JDC wrote:

Its not a stereotype at all. Its the truth

sorry, i wouldn't know. i don't suck as much big black cock as you. :bj: :giggles:

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2009, 10:45 
Bitchzilla

Did... did you just take a hit a Bayou..?

Shit dude.

-Bill Watterson

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2009, 22:58 
Less is More

yeah... i know. i tossed up whether to do it or not, but she left herself so fucken open (*another big black cock joke here*).

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next