It is currently 24 Nov 2017, 20:41
Buy.com Win Your Bid Today At eBay! GoDaddy.com Hosting & Servers 7-day Free trial of Napster Blockbuster Total Access, Plans as low as $3.99

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: How to: Cook A Steak Properly
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2008, 21:38 
Mod

Okay here is the proper way to cook a steak.

Preferably you would use a better cut then mine. Mines a top loin strip. Do whatever cut you want the method is the same.

All the ingredients. Cast iron pan, sea salt and pepper from costco. Thats all you need.

You have to use a cast iron pan. They are only 10 bucks

30 minutes before you want to start cooking put your steak out on the counter. The steak should be at room temperature when you are throwing it on the pan. Put your cast iron pan on highest heat, don't oil or grease up the pan. Preheat your oven to 350.

first lightly dab the steak with a paper towel to remove some of the excess blood.

Next put a liberal amount of pepper on the steak. Remember both sides and the edges. Lightly rub the pepper into the steak. This isn't shown in the pic.

Wait 5 minutes for everything to heat up. Also open any windows or doors since it is going to get smokey. Lightly salt the steak right before you are going to throw it in the pan. Put a teaspoon of butter on the pan(apparently canola oil or peanut oil are better choices) and then throw the steak on. Cook on one side for 1.5 minutes then 1 minute on the other.

Take the pan and steak and put it in the oven. 5 minutes should be good for medium.

Take the steak out after 5 minutes and put it on a plate and tent the steak using aluminum foil, 5 minutes should be good. This will keep the steak cooking even though it is removed from the heat. Put a little slit at the highest point of your tin-foil tent to let air escape.

Here is the final product. Wish i had a bigger steak but it turned out fine.

I know everyone has their own special way to cook it. This is the most basic way to cook a steak in a cast-iron pan. And don't mind my shitty dirty kitchen. I'm living with 5 other retards in a rental house.

Post subject: Re: How to: Cook A Steak Properly
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2008, 13:54 

That steak looks perfectly cooked and I believe that's how they do it in the finer restaurants. I usually grill mine, but this is something I'll definitely try. You didn't mention what the oven temperature should be, or do you just stick it into a cold oven for five minutes?

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2008, 14:34 
Mod

350 degrees

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2008, 09:00 
Buster Himen

0_0: USA
Worked great I tried on it on some strips last night.

Thanks!

"I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically."

-Steven Wright

PostPosted: 13 May 2008, 02:39 

Nice, red, and juicy. Isn't a medium-rare steak actually raw in the center?

PostPosted: 13 May 2008, 08:00 
Buster Himen

0_0: USA
nope medium rare is warm red center, rare is cool red center. still not raw just not warm. if your steak is raw its not cooked.

"I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically."

-Steven Wright

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]