It is currently 23 Nov 2017, 19:09
Buy.com Win Your Bid Today At eBay! GoDaddy.com Hosting & Servers 7-day Free trial of Napster Blockbuster Total Access, Plans as low as $3.99

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What makes your home beautiful?
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2008, 00:34 
Mod

What makes your house beautiful? or is your home a nasty mess?

Post subject: Re: What makes your home beautiful?
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2008, 11:30 
Epic Cocksucker

0_0: USA
raja100 wrote:
hjfhgf yjtrtre trere

:ban:

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2008, 11:30 
Mod

0_0: Hawkeye Nation
so you with your elbows?

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2008, 11:32 
Epic Cocksucker

raja100 wrote:
jkghjkht uytyut ytrtyer ytrtyr

:ban: :ban:

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2008, 11:39 
Epic Cocksucker

My home is beautiful because it's got the charm of a house its age (106-ish yo). All the hardwood floors, and trim is all original. Marble fireplace with decorative mantle and hardwood beams across the ceiling. Ya, its old... but purdy...

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2008, 13:39 
Have you tried turning it off and on again

0_0: Fortress of solitude
What makes it beautiful?Simple simple answer...i grew up there. :)

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2008, 21:48 
Slutty Mexican

0_0: Argentina
mmm...the memories?my family?idk, it's always warm, and there pics everywhere

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2008, 08:00 

My Lawn...... STAY OFF!

My Big Screen TV?

Actually, its my family....

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2008, 08:45 
Creepy Old Man

0_0: Whoville Hash o_0
MissBrown wrote:
My home is beautiful because it's got the charm of a house its age (106-ish yo). All the hardwood floors, and trim is all original. Marble fireplace with decorative mantle and hardwood beams across the ceiling. Ya, its old... but purdy...
So you like old stuff huh B?
:pedo:

I have similar but the house is only about 70ish years old, I grew up in this house. This house has survived countless hurricanes unamed and many that people remember: Betsy, Cammille, Katrina...people around us have trouble with termites, but the cyprus frame of this house is impervious because people could afford to build houses with cyprus and to be honest it was the most accessable, strongest wood you could build with in those days. We have often said that the man that built this house never owned a square, but it has settled into a familiar shape.

My mom grew up in this house, half of my cousins and all of my aunts and uncles have left marks on the walls or doors marking how they grew over the years. I banged on the piano here when I was a toddler. I remember my grandfather playing that same piano while my grandmother silently fumed behind him because everyone else was ready to go and he still needed to put on his shoes and was making them wait while he played one more song. My mother died in the room that I sleep, in the same bed that I sleep in (well we replaced the mattresses)...ok that is kinda creepy, but sometimes makes me sleep better.

I know the story of each and every piece of furniture here, most of it is antique. Some of it was purchased by my grandfather when he owned his shop, some we inhereted from generations past. A couple of the pieces were built or rebuilt by my great-great uncle, including cieling fans, an old pump organ, and a roll top desk that is to die for. Some of the stuff here pre-dates the civil war and I can tell you where it was bought (or inhereted), how old it is, and I have a fair idea of it's current monetary worth although all of it is irreplaceable.

My children have played on the tire swing out back that has been replaced so many times over the years (at least once per generation) because the old oak tree would fall down without a tire swing in it. We are on our third trampoline, and we just added a swing set in the back.

The fruit trees in the backyard have been subtly altered over the years from cross-pollenization and now the grapefruits are sweeter because of their proximity to the satsuma trees, the lemons are HUGE and sweet and juicy because they live between the satsuma and the grapfruit, the satsumas have a slightly tangy flavor to them that no one else can place or reproduce (I know it is because my grandfather put them next to the lemon and grapefruit trees but I usually just smile and say "I can't imagine what you mean"). The navel trees produce the sweetest, juiciest oranges known to man, although you have to be determined because the skin on them is about a half inch thick....its usally better just to take after it with a knife. The fig tree behind the house that Katrina knocked down is coming back, and we hope to be squishing rotten figs through our toes for many generations to come because the figs keep the birds out of our citrus trees. Very few people eat the kumquats (sp?) but I have found that they fit well into a sling shot, sail a long way, and give a satisfying "SPLAT" when they finally hit the target....usually a passing car, but occasionally a stray dog or rival kid....

But most of all what makes my home beautiful is the people that live here.

In almost every case a bullet is better than a lawyer.

I want to leave the world the same way I came in: naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2008, 11:45 
Slutty Mexican

0_0: Argentina
wow, I wanna live in YOUR house :P

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2008, 09:36 
Creepy Old Man

0_0: Whoville Hash o_0
Sorry, when I get married later this year I will have 5 daughters and a wife..... no more estrogen for me kthxbai.

In almost every case a bullet is better than a lawyer.

I want to leave the world the same way I came in: naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.

PostPosted: 29 May 2009, 11:35 

Ok, so sorry to bump this. I know its really old but Dageaux, your post was so beautiful.

dageaux wrote:

I have similar but the house is only about 70ish years old, I grew up in this house. This house has survived countless hurricanes unamed and many that people remember: Betsy, Cammille, Katrina...people around us have trouble with termites, but the cyprus frame of this house is impervious because people could afford to build houses with cyprus and to be honest it was the most accessable, strongest wood you could build with in those days. We have often said that the man that built this house never owned a square, but it has settled into a familiar shape.

My mom grew up in this house, half of my cousins and all of my aunts and uncles have left marks on the walls or doors marking how they grew over the years. I banged on the piano here when I was a toddler. I remember my grandfather playing that same piano while my grandmother silently fumed behind him because everyone else was ready to go and he still needed to put on his shoes and was making them wait while he played one more song. My mother died in the room that I sleep, in the same bed that I sleep in (well we replaced the mattresses)...ok that is kinda creepy, but sometimes makes me sleep better.

I know the story of each and every piece of furniture here, most of it is antique. Some of it was purchased by my grandfather when he owned his shop, some we inhereted from generations past. A couple of the pieces were built or rebuilt by my great-great uncle, including cieling fans, an old pump organ, and a roll top desk that is to die for. Some of the stuff here pre-dates the civil war and I can tell you where it was bought (or inhereted), how old it is, and I have a fair idea of it's current monetary worth although all of it is irreplaceable.

My children have played on the tire swing out back that has been replaced so many times over the years (at least once per generation) because the old oak tree would fall down without a tire swing in it. We are on our third trampoline, and we just added a swing set in the back.

The fruit trees in the backyard have been subtly altered over the years from cross-pollenization and now the grapefruits are sweeter because of their proximity to the satsuma trees, the lemons are HUGE and sweet and juicy because they live between the satsuma and the grapfruit, the satsumas have a slightly tangy flavor to them that no one else can place or reproduce (I know it is because my grandfather put them next to the lemon and grapefruit trees but I usually just smile and say "I can't imagine what you mean"). The navel trees produce the sweetest, juiciest oranges known to man, although you have to be determined because the skin on them is about a half inch thick....its usally better just to take after it with a knife. The fig tree behind the house that Katrina knocked down is coming back, and we hope to be squishing rotten figs through our toes for many generations to come because the figs keep the birds out of our citrus trees. Very few people eat the kumquats (sp?) but I have found that they fit well into a sling shot, sail a long way, and give a satisfying "SPLAT" when they finally hit the target....usually a passing car, but occasionally a stray dog or rival kid....

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2009, 09:26 

0_0: lime and coconut
mine painted all orange

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2009, 20:28 
Less is More

0_0: New Zealand
the fact that i've lived here for almost 20years is why my house is my home is beautiful. memories yo

Tramps like us, baby we were born to run

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2010, 19:02 

0_0: Living it
What makes my house beautiful? MY PRESENCE! :ban:

" Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be. " ~Thomas à Kempis

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2010, 09:11 

dageaux wrote:
MissBrown wrote:
So you like old stuff huh B?
:pedo: antigua packagesonline passport renewal

Your house is wonderful. This makes me so jealous and want to live in YOUR house right now :h5: :h5:

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]