It is currently 25 Mar 2017, 14:41
Buy.com Win Your Bid Today At eBay! GoDaddy.com Hosting & Servers 7-day Free trial of Napster Blockbuster Total Access, Plans as low as $3.99

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bacon Banned in L.A.
PostPosted: 12 May 2008, 23:42 
Mod

The Department of Public Health in Los Angelas has recently banned the selling of bacon-wrapped hot dogs. Ah, the sweet, salty, taste of health regulation.

“Bacon is a potentially hazardous food,” says Terrence Powell of the LA County Health Department. Potentially hazardous? Every food has its hazards. Even some salads have cherry tomatoes that could possibly be choked on.

When asked how many people were getting sick from bacon, Powell responded, "Thats kind of a nebulous number." Translation: There are no statistics on this, but we think bacon is bad for you.

Vendors can continue to sell the bacon-wrapped dogs, however, as long as they purchase a new street cart at the cost of $26,000. That is a huge investment for a small street vending business. But, alas, if they do not purchase the cart then they are not allowed to sell bacon, which is a huge item in the street vending business.

One such vendor has said that when she informs the customers that she cannot sell bacon most will immediately leave and go to one of the stands that are permitted to sell the illicit substance. So what recourse is there for the small-time vendors that cannot afford the new equipment? It looks like they will be forced to continue the black market bacon trade until they too are caught in the tangled web of the War on Bacon.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/254091

Post subject: Re: Bacon Banned in L.A.
PostPosted: 13 May 2008, 01:34 

Maybe they should ban every one from eating fast food and perhaps make a law that says that it's illegal to not be a vegetarian.

PostPosted: 28 May 2008, 16:09 

How is it even legal to ban a food. If anyone challenges this in court I have a feeling it would get thrown out. I'm all about healthy eating but forcing people to do it isn't the right way.

PostPosted: 28 May 2008, 16:15 
Mod

yea its about the stupidest thing ive ever heard of.... we have the right to kil ourselves by eating poorly.

thats the main reason i fear universal health care... because i believe darwinism works.... the government need not mettle in his work!!

PostPosted: 29 May 2008, 01:27 

This is a bunch of bull shit if it is true and isn't true. Sounds like some of the Islamist whack-os are involved some how.

Bacon is "cured" in that it is treated with preservatives, so any health risks are minimal. The things to worry about are what offal is in the hot dogs, and did the vendor wash his/her hands after picking their ass or their nose.

I get a hunch that the bacon is mostly to disguise the shitty hot dogs. :werd:

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2008, 23:39 

0_0: AMERICAAA
This is bull. Bacon is awesome and honestly, i dont think it has nefin to do with muslims. I think its health nuts and yeah.

bacon rocks on burgers, plus this seems really extreme for such a big city.

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2008, 11:51 

Yarr, these health food Nazis should walk the plank....

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2008, 11:53 
Mod

0_0: Hawkeye Nation
UH = eventually state mandated diets (im talking about 30-40 yrs from now, after they slowly whittle away at public resistance to the idea)

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2008, 12:00 

Those scurvy landlubbers can take my Twinkies when they pry them from my cold dead hook yarr.....

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2008, 08:11 

my personal bacon tribute page:
http://homepage.mac.com/mmontagna72/PhotoAlbum21.html

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2008, 17:50 

SteveThePirate wrote:
Those scurvy landlubbers can take my Twinkies when they pry them from my cold dead hook yarr.....

faggot made me lol

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2008, 19:06 
Epic Cocksucker

0_0: USA
SteveThePirate wrote:

Seriously... how long can you keep up the act? You don't even make a decent pirate...

Belay that talk! Smartly now, lad...take thee bilge-sucking and go a-dancin' w' Jack Ketch!

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]