It is currently 24 Mar 2017, 06:58
Buy.com Win Your Bid Today At eBay! GoDaddy.com Hosting & Servers 7-day Free trial of Napster Blockbuster Total Access, Plans as low as $3.99

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Start Exercising
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010, 15:15 

0_0: Living it
Hey can anyone help me?
I´ve just moved to a new state, starting college and a new job.
I really have to lose some weight, I got addicted to junk food! I really need to quit that, in which I have to find out how still… I want to start exercising but I seem to be too weak! What would be a good way to start? I guess stress is a big deal right now and maybe that’s why I haven’t stopped with the junk food and wrong food timing. But that’s not an excuse… I have a gym here at the condominium; I just don’t know how to start. At the gym here we have treadmills, exercising bikes, and a little multi gym I´m guessing that’s what they call it. Not a lot of weight lifting, but I wouldn’t know how to use it anyways. Can anyone help me on how to start exercising?

" Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be. " ~Thomas à Kempis

Post subject: Re: Start Exercising
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010, 15:21 
Post Whore

Not sure if spam....

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010, 15:34 

nop. i´m not a spam!!! Are you gonna be able to help me ?!

" Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be. " ~Thomas à Kempis

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010, 18:40 
Billionaire Boys Club Chairman

0_0: can i be there
Start with yoga. It won't require you to move much (fatty) and will build heaps of core strength which can carry through to everything else.

Also, start inhaling Acai in mass quantities. It's really good for you on about 10 different levels. Finally, go do an activity, who cares what it is, just go fucking do it every other day.

Good luck.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010, 18:43 
Creepy Old Man

0_0: Whoville Hash o_0
Without knowing your habits it's kinda hard to tell you where to start. But generally, exercise starts with motivation and dedication, make a decision to go to the gym, do it. Go regularly, don't allow yourself to talk yourself out of it. make goals (I am going to jog 8 miles in an hour on the tread mill) and work up to that, start with what you can do now and push yourself harder every day until you can attain that goal. Changing your eating habits will definitely help but won't be as physically rewarding as the exercise. After just a few days of good exercise you will feel much better, changing the diet will eventually make you feel better but it won't be noticeable improvement for several weeks or even months.

In almost every case a bullet is better than a lawyer.

I want to leave the world the same way I came in: naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010, 19:05 
Less is More

0_0: New Zealand
eating is 80% of everything.
but cardio is obvs good. nothing short of 20minutes at a time or it doesn't really work your body enough to get any benefit, and that said, 20minutes isn't really long enough. once you have a semi okay base to work from, do sprints. lamposts, fartleck, suicides, whatever whatever. they as a (used to be) reasonably fit sportsperson are where you see people make results.

most important thing is to commit to something and work at it regularly. going to the gym once a week isn't enough. you really have to do stuff at least three times a day, and it's hardest to achieve that to begin with. you have to build it into your routine, don't say "oh i went pretty hard yesterday, i'll take the next couple of days off." that's bs, and you won't achieve what you want to achieve.

goal setting is good like dag said. if you can get a partner, initially they help you to get down there and do stuff, but eventually you want to start going solo and working what you need to work (imho, others say partners are all good but i prefer goin solo), and minimizing distractions.

good luck

Tramps like us, baby we were born to run

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010, 19:08 
Been here too long

0_0: O_o?
JDC wrote:
eating is 80% of everything.
but cardio is obvs good. nothing short of 20minutes at a time or it doesn't really work your body enough to get any benefit, and that said, 20minutes isn't really long enough. once you have a semi okay base to work from, do sprints. lamposts, fartleck, suicides, whatever whatever. they as a (used to be) reasonably fit sportsperson are where you see people make results..

your workouts sound very disturbing.

[23:45] enlever: Ugh, I officially hate white heads >.<
[23:46] ro: im sorry, we'll all go decapitate ourselves..
[23:46] inthebetween: YAY GROUP DECAPITATION

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010, 19:49 
Billionaire Boys Club Chairman

0_0: can i be there
Suicides SUCKKKKKKKKK

and they are punishment not working out. A suicide is this:

10 yard line, back
20 yard line, back
etc.

God help you if you fucked up bad cause they will send you to the other end of the fucking field.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010, 21:30 
Less is More

they get results. i've always hated the 10m x 5 type things. the hardest part is always the first few steps. make sure you touch the line with your hand too, so you push off from a low base. when you do longer ones quicker people slack off because they beat all the slow kids, but over short distances, acceleration wise, props should be just as quick as wingers due to their explosive power and competitivity kicks in.

*oh yeah, for sprints, team environment is everything. or else you don't push yourself like you need to.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2010, 02:31 

Thanks you guys, i really liked the goal thing, i´m gonna work on that. My friend said all i need is to tone, thank god i´m not fat.... at least not yet, but the way i´m going now... geez! But i´ve just called this GYM and i´ll start from there. I would really love to run again, but i´ve had a knee surgery back in the days and i dont think i can ever run again, i guess my cartilage is thinner now, but i would love to bring back my running! I also liked the Yoga idea, but i like Pilates better, so i´ll start on that too. My knee kindda limits me to some exercises. Do you guys know which exercise would be easier on your knees?

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2010, 10:45 
Foxxy

0_0: USA
Fuck that "never run again" bull shit. I destroyed every single ligament in my right knee and I can still do everything I could prior to injuring it. (We're going to ignore the fact that I hate running.) But start off slow. If need be, get a really good brace for your knee. Not one of those like wrap type ones, but one that has stiffer supports on the sides (not the metal ones that don't allow you to move at all) and you can adjust how tight it is. Running with it takes some getting used to but they aren't bad.

Do some research on what you can do with limited equipment. Make goals for yourself. Try and get out and do something every day. Mzz had a good point with yoga. Super easy way to start getting in shape and it's not too hard on the body. Plus it's relaxing and you gain flexibility as well. Good luck yo!

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2010, 18:14 
Post Whore

Do what I do, eat loads then purge. All of your favourite movie stars do it!

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2010, 17:54 
Less is More

ferox. you did swimming. swimming is hardly stressful on your knee. running is completely different. seriously. try running with it and one day it will blow out again.

*if you can't do shit with your knee, those faggy cross trainers are the same principle, just less cool and less heterosexual. also from the ferox note, swimming is rully good cardio too. you do have to be semi coordinated though. yoga/pilates is good too. but yer. don't fuck around with weights until you sort your cardiovascular fitness

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]