It is currently 20 Sep 2017, 16:51
Buy.com Win Your Bid Today At eBay! GoDaddy.com Hosting & Servers 7-day Free trial of Napster Blockbuster Total Access, Plans as low as $3.99

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: any good tech stocks
PostPosted: 16 May 2008, 20:56 

do you guys anticipate or see any good tech stocks? Since oil prices are so high its hard to gauge the market.

Post subject: Re: any good tech stocks
PostPosted: 17 May 2008, 14:10 
Mod

I think the nanotechnology industry is going to boom soon, like the next 7-15 years. As far as tech companies go, right now, i couldnt tell you who i think is going to be the next big thing. But i think if Icahn gets the board members replaced and they finally get a deal done. Yahoo needs to start redesigning it's business because right now its losing ground.

As far as oil goes though. Its only going higher. China and India are far too large of emerging markets. Now ~20-30% of what is basically half the worlds population has a car. That is going to grow significantly in the next 5 years. In 10 years its going to be closer to 50-60% and it may be as high as 70% if they release a cheap and fuel effiicient vehicle over there.

it may get corrected, but the arabs and the south americans are not going to increase supplies. I am suprised we have not spent more money developing any oil resources in Africa to be honest.

Demand for Oil will not decrease anytime soon. supply may increase but it wont be able to outpace growth in places like china and india. just too many fucking people there. until we have cars that can go 100+ MPG, which i dont foresee anytime soon on the mass market, demand will not start to decrease. less than 30% of the people in china and india (over 50% of the world population) have cars. Combine that with any possible future growth in africa (yea i know, its a shit market and has been forever, so its only got room to grow, someday in the next 20 years) its safe to say demand will only go up.

I do think that a Green Tech Company would be the best investment right now, esp since we are most likely to have a democrat in the white house.

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]