It is currently 20 Nov 2017, 18:00
Buy.com Win Your Bid Today At eBay! GoDaddy.com Hosting & Servers 7-day Free trial of Napster Blockbuster Total Access, Plans as low as $3.99

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: No more cash
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2009, 14:31 
Big Daddy Phat

0_0: Drinkin'
Quote:
CASH is accelerating down the path to extinction as new technologies threaten to mark the end of loose change within a decade.

Bank and credit union bosses say cash won't be alone, with wallets and credit cards also likely to disappear too.

They told The Advertiser's round table forum that cash and cards will be replaced by computer chips embedded in mobile phones, watches or other portable devices.

Australian Central chief executive Peter Evers believes cash will be replaced for most transactions in five-to-seven years.

"Cash will disappear as there will be other forms of carrying cash, stored value in your phone or whatever it might be. It will transfer automatically," he said.

With this and those new 3D passports that you Americans have now, ffs, Bladerunner.

Post subject: Re: No more cash
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2009, 14:35 
Spam Warrior

0_0: UK
I heard about tis but it made my head hurt because i jus couldn't get my head round how they expect it to work...

what if you needed to return something...

what if you parked your car at the showroom you bought it from so the money went back into your account, then you spent too much on clothes shopping, would you be able to drive your car away??? its all crazy shit...

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2009, 14:36 
Closet Connoisseur

0_0: Balls.
I don't like that. The future sucks balls.

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2009, 19:21 
Lurker

0_0: Florida
No cash means NO purchase privacy.

The future is bleak.

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2009, 22:45 
Closet Connoisseur

How will drugs get sold?

Yo, transfer some money into my account & I'll hook you up.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009, 00:07 
Billionaire Boys Club Chairman

0_0: can i be there
The Book Friday by Robert Heinlein comes to mind when I read this thread.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009, 01:41 

0_0: Lazy Intelligence
Daniellllleee wrote:
How will drugs get sold?

Yo, transfer some money into my account & I'll hook you up.

Shit, this is no good. I guess I'll have to resort to trading candy bars for joints again, just like in 3rd grade.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009, 09:00 
Less is More

0_0: New Zealand
word up.. i read a book when i was like 11... everyone has chips embedded in their wrists.. acts as a barcode, gets scanned for purchases and what not..

but yup, consumer privacy is key, fuck the government knowing what you purchase. fuck the corporates being able to trace what each person likes dislikes buys or whatever. shit ain't right. fuck that man. i don't like the idea of my freedom being bleed away just because the world is changing..

Tramps like us, baby we were born to run

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009, 14:13 
Have you tried turning it off and on again

0_0: Fortress of solitude
RFID is the future...like it or not. Though I don't agree with the post in the OP. Having a chip embedded in your phone/wrist watch would mean that you'd have to carry them around wherever you want to spend. That's stupid...RFID is way more easier than that. The chip's in you...you can't really forget to take yourself to some place...sooo...

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009, 15:30 

Well see...the embedding of the chip in yourself is how we humans are basically evolving. I mean think about it, ever since there have been technological advances, however minute, the size of things keeps coming down. Transistors, capacitors, computers, processors, money (from a wad of cash to plastic money)...so the removing the need to carry around the wallet is just a logical progression. Sure its not going to happen in the next 15 years atleast, but it will happen sometime. I won't be too surprised if some day, we won't need to carry around cell phones because there will be a chip embedded in our brains which will perform the same functions as a cell phone once used to do. Logical progression.

The point you brought up about black money, well obviously when there is technology involved, security becomes a major issue. I assume when money goes paper-less, hackers will be in more demand, because "money" could possibly be created just by hacking into the RFID chip and messing with something. The RFID chip is still a chip which emits radio signals, so people who know their way around that would benefit. But then again, there will be companies which will come up with stuff to protect your data from being erased/hacked/increased from your RFID chip. Think of it as an anti-virus for your body's chips.

Aah the future, I can't wait to see if its anything like Blade Runner was. That movie has probably influenced me the most...yes...even more than American Pie or Dazed and Confused! :)

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009, 15:31 
Closet Connoisseur

God the future sounds like total shit, haha. I like having cash.

& I don't want bitches hacking my chip :(

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009, 15:42 

Daniellllleee wrote:
God the future sounds like total shit, haha. I like having cash.

& I don't want bitches hacking my chip :(

Watch Blade Runner. It will fill you with new found respect for the future. The background music was superb...I still remember it even though I saw the movie like 5 years ago.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009, 17:06 
Creepy Old Man

0_0: Whoville Hash o_0
crimsonred wrote:
Well see...the embedding of the chip in yourself is how we humans are basically evolving. I mean think about it, ever since there have been technological advances, however minute, the size of things keeps coming down. Transistors, capacitors, computers, processors, money (from a wad of cash to plastic money)...so the removing the need to carry around the wallet is just a logical progression. Sure its not going to happen in the next 15 years atleast, but it will happen sometime. I won't be too surprised if some day, we won't need to carry around cell phones because there will be a chip embedded in our brains which will perform the same functions as a cell phone once used to do. Logical progression.

The point you brought up about black money, well obviously when there is technology involved, security becomes a major issue. I assume when money goes paper-less, hackers will be in more demand, because "money" could possibly be created just by hacking into the RFID chip and messing with something. The RFID chip is still a chip which emits radio signals, so people who know their way around that would benefit. But then again, there will be companies which will come up with stuff to protect your data from being erased/hacked/increased from your RFID chip. Think of it as an anti-virus for your body's chips.

Aah the future, I can't wait to see if its anything like Blade Runner was. That movie has probably influenced me the most...yes...even more than American Pie or Dazed and Confused! :)

Resistance is futile!

And how praytell will we buy drugs if there is no cash?

In almost every case a bullet is better than a lawyer.

I want to leave the world the same way I came in: naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009, 19:42 
Less is More

crimsonred wrote:
Aah the future, I can't wait to see if its anything like Blade Runner was. That movie has probably influenced me the most...yes...even more than Dazed and Confused! :)

now don't go sayin' shit you can't take back..

and dag.. seen basketball diaries?

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2009, 01:29 

JDC wrote:
crimsonred wrote:
Aah the future, I can't wait to see if its anything like Blade Runner was. That movie has probably influenced me the most...yes...even more than Dazed and Confused! :)

now don't go sayin' shit you can't take back..

and dag.. seen basketball diaries?

I won't take that statement back...ever. Also what's the connection with technology and basketball diaries?

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2009, 02:52 
Less is More

suckin dick for drugs..

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2009, 03:02 

I think Leo GOT his dick sucked to get some drugs. Wasn't it?

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2009, 07:15 
Less is More

can't remember wasn't really watchin.. either way dick was sucked in the drug transaction..

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2009, 08:53 

JDC wrote:
can't remember wasn't really watchin.. either way dick was sucked in the drug transaction..

But you still remember dick being sucked! I wonder why! lol

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2009, 10:00 
Less is More

because it was shocking and not your every day movie scene?

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2009, 12:53 
Spam Warrior

0_0: UK
Waaaay off topic but i just noticed your rank has been updated...

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2009, 14:23 
Keeps it bukkake

dageaux wrote:

You won't. But by the time cash gets completely phased out medical marijuana will be readily available in every state [maybe]. There will be a lot more prescription drug abuse, and there will probably be an increase in alcoholism because it doesn't require an Indian man grabbing a handful of your nuts to get.

unless you're friends with benefits with the cashier at your local 7-11.

One morning I woke up and found my favorite pigeon, Julius, had died I was devastated and was gonna use his crate as my stickball bat to honor him. I left the crate on my stoop and went in to get something and I returned to see the sanitation man put the crate into the crusher. I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like a infantile retard. - Mike Tyson

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2009, 14:58 

Fear wrote:
dageaux wrote:

You won't. But by the time cash gets completely phased out medical marijuana will be readily available in every state [maybe]. There will be a lot more prescription drug abuse, and there will probably be an increase in alcoholism because it doesn't require an Indian man grabbing a handful of your nuts to get.

Where the fuck did the Indian man come from?

btw dag I just read that statement right now. Anyway, I guess what Fear said maybe true about the medical marijuana. For other drugs...well there might be some kind of way you can transfer money from one person to another. I mean if money is removed, then there will be some provision to give other people money. So guess there will be something. Well...all speculation.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2009, 15:04 
Closet Connoisseur

No there would definitely be a way.
People sell things to each other all the time. If it came down to it, I could sell someone a "book" and just give them something else :P

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2009, 15:23 
Keeps it bukkake

crimsonred wrote:
Fear wrote:
dageaux wrote:

Where the fuck did the Indian man come from?

most doctors are hajji's yo.

[quote=Daniellllleee]No there would definitely be a way.
People sell things to each other all the time. If it came down to it, I could sell someone a "book" and just give them something else :P[/quote]

That might work for a month but then the government would become quite suspicious over the fact that book sales increased by about 10billion dollars in 1 month

One morning I woke up and found my favorite pigeon, Julius, had died I was devastated and was gonna use his crate as my stickball bat to honor him. I left the crate on my stoop and went in to get something and I returned to see the sanitation man put the crate into the crusher. I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like a infantile retard. - Mike Tyson

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next