It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 22:42
Buy.com Win Your Bid Today At eBay! GoDaddy.com Hosting & Servers 7-day Free trial of Napster Blockbuster Total Access, Plans as low as $3.99

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Solar cars + Avoid Bailout = Win if you ask me
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51 
Mod
User avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2008, 21:30
Posts: 7415
Location: Out of State
0_0: Hawkeye Nation
Offline
Quote:
You know times have changed when a German solar energy company is offering to throw General Motors a bone and shell out $1.26 billion for one of its subsidiaries.

German solar powerhouse, SolarWorld issued a press release yesterday, stating that the company plans to bid on four German production facilities and Opel's Ruesselsheim development center and headquarters. (Opel is a German automaker that was acquired by GM in 1929, and continues to operate as a subsidiary) The company wants to make this Europe's first true “green” auto company. Here's what SolarWorld representatives had to say about their plans:


there we go!

http://www.triplepundit.com/pages/solar ... e-of-g.php


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Solar cars + Avoid Bailout = Win if you ask me
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2008, 14:22 
Billionaire Boys Club Chairman

Joined: 22 Jul 2008, 15:12
Posts: 4952
0_0: can i be there
Offline
yay anon. I know you want it for all the wrong reasons (ie fiscal ones) but hey at least you are on the right side.

_________________
story of a forum of win
that was deemed too big to fail
and it did indeed fail


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Solar cars + Avoid Bailout = Win if you ask me
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2008, 14:24 
Mod
User avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2008, 21:30
Posts: 7415
Location: Out of State
0_0: Hawkeye Nation
Offline
no i actually would support the congress saying this:

"WE WILL PAY FOR THE R & D IF YOU CAN GET US 70 MPG IN CITY CARS THAT ARE FULL SIZED ON THE ROAD BY 2012."

Because they will spend the money anyway, and we are in peak oil, regardless of the current price


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Solar cars + Avoid Bailout = Win if you ask me
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2008, 14:25 
Billionaire Boys Club Chairman

Joined: 22 Jul 2008, 15:12
Posts: 4952
0_0: can i be there
Offline
if we are still on hubert's peak then we are starting to fall off. not demand i mean, but supply.

_________________
story of a forum of win
that was deemed too big to fail
and it did indeed fail


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Solar cars + Avoid Bailout = Win if you ask me
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2008, 14:28 
Mod
User avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2008, 21:30
Posts: 7415
Location: Out of State
0_0: Hawkeye Nation
Offline
and the reason i support this is clear. i believe drilling will slowly add to supply, but its TRULY TRULY a demand side problem. what better way to reduce demand than increase efficiency.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Solar cars + Avoid Bailout = Win if you ask me
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2008, 14:31 
Billionaire Boys Club Chairman

Joined: 22 Jul 2008, 15:12
Posts: 4952
0_0: can i be there
Offline
I am taking all credit for slowly turning you into an environmentalist.

_________________
story of a forum of win
that was deemed too big to fail
and it did indeed fail


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Solar cars + Avoid Bailout = Win if you ask me
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2008, 14:49 
Mod
User avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2008, 21:30
Posts: 7415
Location: Out of State
0_0: Hawkeye Nation
Offline
fuck the environment, i care about my pocket book.

everyone wins w/more efficent cars. i pay less @ the pump and hippies get their shit. its a truly universal goal of humans.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Solar cars + Avoid Bailout = Win if you ask me
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2008, 15:40 
Slutty Mexican
User avatar

Joined: 04 Jun 2008, 10:59
Posts: 3291
Location: the end of the world
0_0: Argentina
Offline
I really don't believe you are that much of an asshole...deep down, you must have feelings and care about this world, you are just a poser

_________________
dageaux wrote:
Dude stop playing with your dick and type coherently


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Solar cars + Avoid Bailout = Win if you ask me
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2008, 15:58 
Mod
User avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2008, 21:30
Posts: 7415
Location: Out of State
0_0: Hawkeye Nation
Offline
I care about my environment, and how I interact with it.

I want a clean, low crime neighborhood where i can afford to buy things i want.

I dont care about africa.

My politics really dont extend past my neighborhood. if it doesnt affect me or someone i know in some way i truly dont care.

High fuel efficiency in an SUV would be ideal for me because then i could have a truck and afford the gas. That and I fear the emergence of india and china as petroleum users via their vehicle


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Solar cars + Avoid Bailout = Win if you ask me
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2008, 16:17 
Creepy Old Man
User avatar

Joined: 24 Jun 2008, 12:35
Posts: 3254
Location: New Orleans, La.
0_0: Whoville Hash o_0
Offline
Anon wrote:
I care about my environment, and how I interact with it.

I want a clean, low crime neighborhood where i can afford to buy things i want.

I dont care about africa.

:werd:

Anon wrote:
I fear the emergence of india and china as petroleum users via their vehicle
we could do our part by putting a hit out on Crim....I got a cousin that can do that although it might be expensive because he doesn't like curry....might get a group rate while he was there though. :h5:

_________________
Vidi, Vici, Veni

In almost every case a bullet is better than a lawyer.

I want to leave the world the same way I came in: naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Solar cars + Avoid Bailout = Win if you ask me
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2008, 16:55 
Slutty Mexican
User avatar

Joined: 04 Jun 2008, 10:59
Posts: 3291
Location: the end of the world
0_0: Argentina
Offline
Anon wrote:
I care about my environment, and how I interact with it.

I want a clean, low crime neighborhood where i can afford to buy things i want.

I dont care about africa.

My politics really dont extend past my neighborhood. if it doesnt affect me or someone i know in some way i truly dont care.

High fuel efficiency in an SUV would be ideal for me because then i could have a truck and afford the gas. That and I fear the emergence of india and china as petroleum users via their vehicle


And this is why the rest of the world hates americans...

_________________
dageaux wrote:
Dude stop playing with your dick and type coherently


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Solar cars + Avoid Bailout = Win if you ask me
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2008, 23:14 
Billionaire Boys Club Chairman

Joined: 22 Jul 2008, 15:12
Posts: 4952
0_0: can i be there
Offline
YerlA wrote:
And this is why the rest of the world hates americans...


and this is why you are ignorant because you ball all americans together.

I guess everyone in your country is connected to the drug trade too or a member of FARC right?

Generaliztions are awesome, aren't?

_________________
story of a forum of win
that was deemed too big to fail
and it did indeed fail


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Solar cars + Avoid Bailout = Win if you ask me
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2008, 10:18 
Mod
User avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2008, 21:30
Posts: 7415
Location: Out of State
0_0: Hawkeye Nation
Offline
what because we already pay more than any other country to other counties for humanitarian causes? Boofuckinghoo. once I see the military or the charities of ANY country match what we give annually then you can say thats why they hate america. We do more than any country on earth in both those categories.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Solar cars + Avoid Bailout = Win if you ask me
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2008, 11:46 
Slutty Mexican
User avatar

Joined: 04 Jun 2008, 10:59
Posts: 3291
Location: the end of the world
0_0: Argentina
Offline
mzziqztixl wrote:
YerlA wrote:
And this is why the rest of the world hates americans...


and this is why you are ignorant because you ball all americans together.

I guess everyone in your country is connected to the drug trade too or a member of FARC right?

Generaliztions are awesome, aren't?


I didn't say I hated you, I'm not one to generalize, but most people do (generalize). What I ment to say is that those are the kind of statments we would believe an american would say, doesn't mean everyone feels the same way.
And drug trade and FARC are from COLOMBIA, not Argentina

Image

see? different countries

_________________
dageaux wrote:
Dude stop playing with your dick and type coherently


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Solar cars + Avoid Bailout = Win if you ask me
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2008, 11:53 
Mod
User avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2008, 21:30
Posts: 7415
Location: Out of State
0_0: Hawkeye Nation
Offline
most people are stupid too.... but they still get to vote.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Solar cars + Avoid Bailout = Win if you ask me
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2008, 13:59 
Billionaire Boys Club Chairman

Joined: 22 Jul 2008, 15:12
Posts: 4952
0_0: can i be there
Offline
the point of saying FARC was that it was a different country....jesus christ....obviously the point was you are not in Columbia but I still mentioned farc...

_________________
story of a forum of win
that was deemed too big to fail
and it did indeed fail


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Solar cars + Avoid Bailout = Win if you ask me
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2008, 16:23 
Slutty Mexican
User avatar

Joined: 04 Jun 2008, 10:59
Posts: 3291
Location: the end of the world
0_0: Argentina
Offline
mzziqztixl wrote:
the point of saying FARC was that it was a different country....jesus christ....obviously the point was you are not in Columbia but I still mentioned farc...

(Colombia, not Columbia). I thought the point was to generalize, you could have done it with an example from my country...For instance, if I said you where a fat Mc'donalds eater glued to the TV making comments about killing everyone with a turban, i would be generalizing, Just like you say women are all stupid.

_________________
dageaux wrote:
Dude stop playing with your dick and type coherently


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Solar cars + Avoid Bailout = Win if you ask me
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2008, 16:32 
Newbie

Joined: 06 Nov 2008, 16:06
Posts: 75
Location: CNY
0_0: USA
Offline
Anon wrote:
what because we already pay more than any other country to other counties for humanitarian causes? Boofuckinghoo. once I see the military or the charities of ANY country match what we give annually then you can say thats why they hate america. We do more than any country on earth in both those categories.



I personally feel this is one of the big downfalls of our country... We have millions of homeless, starving, troubled, etc people and companies in our own country, and we are always worried about a foreign country that is having problems due to nothing we did. I think its good that we want to help them but our country needs a lot of help itself.

Then again there are a lot of people who think the governmentts handouts are a reason to sit on their asses smoking crack pipes and popping out kids non stop so they dont have to work.

With gas prices are an extreme low SUV sales are through the roof and im sure R&D for alternative fuels will be put on hold especially with the big 3 in the gutter

_________________
Bewbies!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Solar cars + Avoid Bailout = Win if you ask me
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2008, 00:27 
Have you tried turning it off and on again
User avatar

Joined: 29 Jul 2008, 02:53
Posts: 5463
Location: Earth-52
0_0: Fortress of solitude
Offline
America does give out a lot, but its not because it just wants to. Your prez is just making sure he's got enough allies when going into war. Its as simple as that. No one pays out that much money just for "humanitarian causes".

_________________
YerlA wrote:
I do have tits, and I'm not afraid to show them...I just choose who I want to show them to.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Solar cars + Avoid Bailout = Win if you ask me
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2008, 10:04 
Slutty Mexican
User avatar

Joined: 04 Jun 2008, 10:59
Posts: 3291
Location: the end of the world
0_0: Argentina
Offline
crimsonred wrote:
America does give out a lot, but its not because it just wants to. Your prez is just making sure he's got enough allies when going into war. Its as simple as that. No one pays out that much money just for "humanitarian causes".

:werd: :werd: :werd:

_________________
dageaux wrote:
Dude stop playing with your dick and type coherently


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Solar cars + Avoid Bailout = Win if you ask me
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2008, 10:26 
Mod
User avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2008, 21:30
Posts: 7415
Location: Out of State
0_0: Hawkeye Nation
Offline
the motives dont matter. we were never constantly at war before this.

clinton had bosnia, bush 1 had gulf war, but by now you would think people would know, dont fuck with america.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Solar cars + Avoid Bailout = Win if you ask me
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2008, 13:45 
Have you tried turning it off and on again
User avatar

Joined: 29 Jul 2008, 02:53
Posts: 5463
Location: Earth-52
0_0: Fortress of solitude
Offline
You weren't constantly at war because you weren't trying to get all the oil that's why. Your action was trying to get all the oil from the gulf, the reaction was the terrorist getting annoyed with you and hence you're pretty much their favorite target.

I'm not saying paying out money is a bad thing. America's money has probably helped millions of people in very very poor countries see some food, but like I said, in the end its all about making sure you've got allies when you need them.

P.S.: Forgive me if I'm being politically incorrect, I really don't know much about politics nor do I care. Whatever I wrote is just simple general knowledge.

_________________
YerlA wrote:
I do have tits, and I'm not afraid to show them...I just choose who I want to show them to.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Solar cars + Avoid Bailout = Win if you ask me
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2008, 13:58 
Lurker

Joined: 13 Oct 2008, 21:50
Posts: 261
0_0: USA
Offline
crimsonred wrote:
America does give out a lot, but its not because it just wants to. Your prez is just making sure he's got enough allies when going into war. Its as simple as that. No one pays out that much money just for "humanitarian causes".


I think that foreign aid is a basic principle of most major countries. Widespread poverty, as we've seen throughout history, creates social upheaval. It causes civil war, horrific human rights abuses, and state sponsored terrorism (or in the case of some African countries, as safe haven for terrorists). It becomes a matter of security, then, to promote foreign aid.

Plus, the number of healthy markets across the world increases the economic health of the United States. If Foreign aid is distributed correctly, it becomes a very rare win-win.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Theme Created by HOLLYSMOKE
Buy.com Win Your Bid Today At eBay! GoDaddy.com Hosting & Servers 7-day Free trial of Napster Blockbuster Total Access, Plans as low as $3.99