It is currently 26 Jun 2017, 10:29
Buy.com Win Your Bid Today At eBay! GoDaddy.com Hosting & Servers 7-day Free trial of Napster Blockbuster Total Access, Plans as low as $3.99

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Let them die...
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2008, 16:35 
Creepy Old Man

0_0: Whoville Hash o_0
Quote:
WASHINGTON -(Dow Jones)- The chief executives of General Motors Corp. (GM) and Ford Motor Co. (F) said Wednesday they wouldn't accept a $1 salary in exchange for government aid to their imperiled companies, as the head of the former Chrysler Corp. did a generation ago.

During a hearing Wednesday, a member of the House Financial Services Committee told Rick Wagoner of GM and Alan Mulally of Ford that reducing their annual salaries to $1 would be an important symbolic gesture as they lobby for $25 billion in loans funded by tax dollars. Chrysler's Lee Iacocca worked for that wage when his company was bailed out by the government in the 1980s.

"I'm willing to do what I've been doing," Wagoner said, saying he has already accepted a significant wage decrease and given up other forms of compensation. But he stopped short of saying he would accept a $1 salary.

Mulally said: "I understand your point about the symbol. But I think, not just for me, but we're trying to fill a skilled and motivated team."

Pressed on whether he would work for $1 a year, Mulally said, "I think I'm OK where I am."

The chief executive of Chrysler LLC, Robert Nardelli, had said Tuesday he would be willing to work under that salary as a condition for a federal bailout package.

-By Josh Mitchell, Dow Jones Newswires; 202-862-6637; joshua.mitchell@ dowjones.com; and Siobhan Hughes, 202-862-6654; siobhan.hughes@dowjones.com

In almost every case a bullet is better than a lawyer.

I want to leave the world the same way I came in: naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.

Post subject: Re: Let them die...
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2008, 16:38 
Mod

0_0: Hawkeye Nation
money cant solve bad biz.

if they didnt have the unions then they wouldnt be in any trouble.

They need to just fire whoever strikes and take the needed steps to turn the biz around. The problem is the employees would rather drive the company into the ground than actually take a benefit cut.

Until they cut the benefits, they will continue to fail as an organization

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]