It is currently 18 Nov 2017, 01:23
Buy.com Win Your Bid Today At eBay! GoDaddy.com Hosting & Servers 7-day Free trial of Napster Blockbuster Total Access, Plans as low as $3.99

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ITT: I will post shootings that save lives.
PostPosted: 05 Aug 2009, 22:36 
Mod

0_0: Hawkeye Nation
http://www2.nbc4i.com/cmh/news/crime/ar ... ent/20108/

We will start with this one, that has the obvious bias of "SURPRISE, THE HOMEOWNER WASNT SHOT" when it should have been, thankfully the 5 year old in the homeowner's arms is safe.

More to come - I see these everyday.

Post subject: Re: ITT: I will post shootings that save lives.
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2009, 10:55 
Mod

The owner of Tony's Place, a pizza shop in Philadelphia, PA, reportedly shot an armed robber in self defense.

Police say that an armed robber entered the pizza shop, which is located on the 2900 block of Frankford Avenue, at about 11:45 PM on Saturday. The robber is said to have threatened the life of the pizza shop owner, while demanding money. The shop owner reportedly grabbed his gun and fired in self defense. The robber was hit, and is in critical condition at a local hospital. Neither the shop owner nor any innocent bystanders were harmed.

Armed robbers are an especially vile type of criminal, due to their willingness to injure and kill innocent people, just to take the hard-earned money of those victims. Luckily, this pizza shop owner was armed, and was able to save himself from violent attack. The heroic actions of the armed shop owner have also likely saved future victims of the armed robber. That is because armed robbers tend to go on committing their crimes until they are shot in self defense or finally caught and sent to prison.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-1814 ... lf-defense

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2009, 13:51 
Mod

EAST CARONDELET -- Officials said a man who lives in the 2300 block of State Street shot and wounded an intruder about 7:30 a.m. Tuesday. St. Clair County sheriff's deputies said the intruder tried to break in because his ex-girlfriend was there. The male resident twice fought him off and then resorted to two shots to stop him, officials said.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/s ... enDocument

An attempted home invasion late Tuesday in North Las Vegas resulted in an exchange of gunfire and a woman and an intruder being shot.

Police said someone tried to enter a home shortly before midnight in the 4100 block of Karma Drive, between West Craig and Alexander roads, when the homeowner opened fire. The intruder fired back and injured the woman, authorities said.

Officers were dispatched to the home at 11:52 p.m. and upon arrival found a 31-year-old North Las Vegas resident with gunshot wounds to her leg. The injured woman said she had exchanged gunfire with unidentified men who had entered her home and threatened to shoot her 14-year-old son.

The boy wasn’t injured.

Police found a blood trail that left the residence and ended in the street in front of the house.

Sgt. Tim Bedwell of the North Las Vegas Police Department said he isn't sure who fired first.

He said the woman suffered a minor non-life threatening gunshot wound and was transported to University Medical Center. At the hospital, officers were notified a male gunshot victim had recently arrived to be treated who matched the description of one of the suspects.

His injuries are described as serious but non-life threatening.

Authorities said they do not know if the woman knew the intruder. Bedwell said an arrest hasn’t been made in the case.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/ju ... n-attempt/

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2009, 09:37 
Mod

Detroit police say that at about 5AM, behind the apartment building at 1670 Oakman, an armed robber came up behind a man and put a gun to that man's head. The man had a concealed carry permit, and drew his self defense gun. The robber and his would-be victim exchanged gunshots, and the robber was critically injured. The would-be victim suffered only a minor injury to the head (it is unclear whether this injury was from a bullet, but it is clear that the victim's injury was rather minor). Police say that if the robber survives, he will likely be charged with armed robbery, and probably attempted murder.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-1814 ... mit-holder

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2009, 23:22 
Billionaire Boys Club Chairman

0_0: can i be there
Can I up the ante just so we have our bases covered?

We need a thread that shows accidental gun deaths too.

You know where I stand on this but a balanced look at both sides is the only way to come to an understanding.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009, 10:58 
Mod

go for it.

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2009, 12:54 
Mod

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-1814 ... lf-defense

A Nashville, TN man used his gun to fend off two robbers who broke into his home Saturday night.

Police say that two robbers broke in to the man's home on Lindy Murff Ct. The homeowner grabbed his self defense gun and shot one of the home invaders in the chest. Both criminals then fled to a nearby gas station, and tried to claim that they were themselves the victims of a robbery. The wounded criminal was taken to a local hospital, and is expected to survive and face charges. The unwounded criminal has been arrested. The homeowner was unharmed.

Once again, we have a situation where violent criminals decided to break into the home of an innocent person, because they cared more about making an easy dollar than the safety and wellbeing of the home owner. Luckily, this man had a self defense gun, and was able to use it to put an end to the home invasion, saving himself from the deadly threat these two criminals posed. Nashville also owes this home invader a debt of gratitude, since he has ensured that two home invading criminals will be prosecuted and taken off the streets.

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2009, 09:27 
Mod

A pawn shop owner used his self defense gun to shoot an armed robber who was threatening the life of his employee.

Police say that a pair of armed robbers entered the Central Pawn West pawn shop in Phoenix, AZ at about 11AM on Sunday, intending to rob it. One of the robbers entered the store and pointed a gun at the throat of a 15 year old employee, threatening his life. The owner of the store saw the robbery unfolding, and grabbed his own gun. The owner then opened fire on the robbers, hitting one of them in the face and leaving him in "extremely critical" condition. The other robber fled, and is being sought by police, who know his license plate number. Neither the store owner nor the 15 year old employee were harmed.

Once again, guns are a valuable self defense tool. Unarmed individuals can suffer a terrible fate when a criminal robs them, even if they fully cooperate with the criminal’s demands. The same is true for those who try to run from the robber. However, when crime victims are armed, they are often able to defend themselves. This armed barber shot an armed criminal who threatened him and his son, saving their lives. This armed pet shop clerk shot an armed robber who threatened a fellow employee’s life, as well as his own life, preventing them both from being stabbed. This armed pizza delivery man defended himself against 3 armed robbers, and walked away unharmed. This armed citizen stopped a bank robber, while this armed Israeli citizen stopped a terrorist. Indeed, studies show that armed citizens stop criminals millions of times each year.

Those who oppose armed self defense should also note the many cases like this, where a law abiding citizen uses their gun for self defense in a busy area, and not one bystander is endangered. Remember, statistics show that armed citizens are less likely than the police to shoot the wrong person.

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2009, 11:09 
Big Daddy Phat

0_0: Drinkin'
mzziqztixl wrote:
Can I up the ante just so we have our bases covered?

We need a thread that shows accidental gun deaths too.

You know where I stand on this but a balanced look at both sides is the only way to come to an understanding.

"Nothiiin' yeettt."

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2009, 12:36 
Creepy Old Man

0_0: Whoville Hash o_0
there are no accidental gun deaths, only well covered up murder and Darwinism.

In almost every case a bullet is better than a lawyer.

I want to leave the world the same way I came in: naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2009, 12:47 
Big Daddy Phat

0_0: Drinkin'
^^^ -1

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2009, 15:16 

Quote:
The mother of an 11-year-old boy who was accidentally shot to death last month by his older brother has been charged with allowing a child to handle the pistol that killed her son.

Latarsha Davis, 31, was charged Aug. 28 with making a firearm accessible to a child, which is a Class A misdemeanor, according to the Harris County District Attorney's Office.

She is free on a $2,000 bond.

Her son, La Torick Watson was fatally shot about 7:30 p.m. on Aug. 12, two days before his birthday, while his 13-year-old brother was playing with a pistol in an upstairs room at the family's home in the 800 block of Blanchard Hill Lane.

La Torick was shot in the head, police said.

Davis and her her boyfriend, Ronnie Dewayne Brown, 23 originally told Houston police that the boys were searching for a ringing telephone when they jostled a backpack and the woman's 9-millimeter handgun gun inside it went off.

The backpack with the gun inside it was on the bed when police arrived at the home.

But the couple later admitted the real story about the shooting and that the gun was Brown's, police said.

Brown is charged with tampering with evidence. He hid another pistol, a .40-caliber semi-automatic, inside the trunk of his car, which he then parked next door.

He is free on $15,000 bond.

Investigators so far have found no reason why the couple would have concocted the story to prevent Brown's gun from being connected to the shooting.

However, officials said, when the shooting occurred Brown was on $500 bail on an assault charge out of Jefferson County.

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2009, 15:17 

Quote:
VANDALIA, Ohio -- Authorities said the fatal shooting of a 3-year-old Vandalia child has been ruled an accident.

According to investigators, William McNaul died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head in July.

Police said the child found a gun inside his home on Attica Street and apparently shot himself. He died after he was taken to Children’s Medical Center.

A decision on whether any charges are filed will be made after investigators meet with prosecutors, which is expected to happen next week.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2009, 09:44 
Mod

Quote:
SACRAMENTO, Calif.—Authorities say a man who shot and killed two men and wounded another in a Sacramento apartment early Monday was acting in self-defense.

Sacramento County Sheriff's Sgt. Tim Curran says authorities declined to arrest the 26-year-old man after witnesses reported that the three men confronted the man outside his apartment, then broke in and continued the attack after he had retreated inside.

Investigators say during the attack, the man retrieved a handgun and shot all three attackers.

Two of the attackers died at the scene. The third, a 23-year-old, was taken to a hospital. He is expected to survive.

Curran says the district attorney's office will make a final decision on whether to file charges against the resident of the apartment.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2009, 10:29 
Mod

Quote:
A Florida man used a handgun to save himself and his father from a pair of violent home invaders who kicked in their front door.

Police say that 69 year old Peter Gilmore was at his Port Charlotte, FL home, along with his 25 year old son James. At about 10 PM, there was a knock on the front door, which Peter went to answer. A pair of masked home invaders, armed with a knife and a tire iron, are said to have kicked the door open and rushed inside. One of the robbers reportedly held a large knife to Peter's face, and threatened to kill him. James reportedly ran to his father's bedroom, where they kept their firearms, with the tire iron wielding intruder in hot pursuit. After grabbing a handgun and pointing it at the intruder, James told the intruder to leave, at which point the criminal refused and hit him in the head with a tire iron, according to police. James then reportedly shot the violent home invader in the stomach, prompting him and his accomplice to flee. Police reportedly apprehended both suspects, Keith Sowers and Joshua Eugene Becerril, shortly after the home invasion. The injured suspect, Sowers, was listed in serious condition but is expected to live to face charges.

Once again, gun ownership has allowed a law abiding citizen to defend himself (and his father) against a pair of violent criminals. Had these residents not been armed, the 69 year old father could have been stabbed to death, and his 25 year old son could have been beaten to death by criminals who cared more about stealing valuables than the lives and safety of their victims. Luckily, these crime victims had the foresight to be armed for self defense, and as a result they survived and the suspects are in police custody.

I would also like to note the restraint shown by the home invasion victim. Those opposed to gun rights like to suggest that armed citizens who fire in self defense are blood thirsty killers just looking for an excuse to take a life. Nothing could be further from the truth. Instead, such armed citizens fire as a last resort, in order to protect themselves and their families from an imminent threat. As another example, this disabled veteran, who had a concealed carry permit, decided to comply with a robber’s demands for his wallet instead of shooting in self defense. It was only when the robber continued to advance on him while brandishing a metal pipe that the citizen drew his gun and fired in self defense. Similarly, this pizza delivery driver handed over his money and tried to back away, and only drew his gun and fired in self defense after the violent robber followed him and continued to threaten his life. In the current case, as well as those two examples, armed citizens risked their lives by hesitating, in an attempt to avoid having to shooting a violent attacker. Note that I’m not suggesting that citizens should or must hesitate the way that these citizens did; instead, my only point is that armed citizens are not the violence-prone individuals that anti gun groups suggest them to be.

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]