It is currently 13 Dec 2017, 19:31
Buy.com Win Your Bid Today At eBay! GoDaddy.com Hosting & Servers 7-day Free trial of Napster Blockbuster Total Access, Plans as low as $3.99

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Paracord Knife Handle
PostPosted: 03 Jul 2008, 00:04 
Mod

0_0: Hawkeye Nation
Have ya ever wondered how much more you pay for a survival knife just because it comes with some 550 para-cord wrapped around the handle? Or what purpose it serves around the handle?

The answer to the first question is, "whether the 550 parachute cord comes wrapped or unwrapped around the knife handle, you pay about 10-20% more for the knife."

The answer to the second question is, "so you can grasp and hold the knife more securely in your hand. And should you someday find yourself in a life or death survival situation, you'll be able to use this para-cord to make shelters, traps & snares, a bow & arrow and many other field crafts needs.

Now there's two ways you can wrap it around the knife handle, with or without a lanyard. But before you can begin wrapping it around the knife handle you'll need to do two thingsā€¦

a.) Burn/melt the two ends of the 550 parachute cord so the outer sleeve and inner threads/strings won't come unravel.

b.) Soak it in water for about 20 minutes so it will "stretch" when it's being wrapped around the handle and "shrink" around it tightly when it dries.

c) And if your knife came with a leather (and not plastic) knife sheath along with one of those snap-on buttons. You'll need to soak it in some water for about an hour and then stretch it over and around the knife handle and then allow it to dry so you can still use it to keep your knife securely inside of it.

Post subject: Re: Paracord Knife Handle
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2008, 06:20 

0_0: USA
Well, if you're a knife guy I'm going to have to ask you where I can get a quality butterfly knife, I lost my janky 20$ one so I'm taking it as an excuse to upgrade. Suggestions?

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2008, 11:26 
Mod

0_0: Hawkeye Nation
http://www.knives4wholesale.com/Butterf ... Knife.html

Most of the butterfly knives ive seen are pretty cheap and low quality. that one above seemed kind of unique.

This ones of higher quality but its still a Balisong so its got a lot of moving parts for a knife.

http://www.knives4wholesale.com/Bradley ... ng_PL.html

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2009, 06:46 

I bought a handle of my rambo knife in a very reasonable price. I really love my rambo knife because it helps me a lot like John Rambo

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2009, 12:55 
Lurker

0_0: vagabundo
Rambo schwag hawking spambots? Shit is so cash.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]