It is currently 11 Dec 2017, 02:36
Buy.com Win Your Bid Today At eBay! GoDaddy.com Hosting & Servers 7-day Free trial of Napster Blockbuster Total Access, Plans as low as $3.99

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: bioshock 2
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2010, 14:34 
Billionaire Boys Club Chairman

0_0: can i be there
is sitting at home packaged while I earn money :/\/\/

Post subject: Re: bioshock 2
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2010, 15:20 
Post Whore

Faggot. Worst game evar.

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2010, 17:54 

in no way does your opinion count

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2010, 18:14 
Post Whore

'Cause I'm British? :(

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2010, 10:44 
Reginald Cuntypants

0_0: Alsations, the lot.
Agree'd - and I loved the original. I was going to buy it myself, but I watched some gameplay on a webcam feed and it just seemed like more of the same.
Instead of trying to do something original and innovative with the world of Rapture, they just sat around a big table and said "The big daddy was kind of cool. Let's let the player be him!"

For fucks sake, it's even the same mechanic as last time; grab the little sisters, be faced with the 'moral choice' of harvest/save, kill everything with a pulse and follow instructions from an omnipresent semi-sane resident via radio.
Though they've made it worse by forcing you to protect the little bitches from an onslaught of splicers before you can ram your arm down their throat and steal their ADAM. If you, as a game developer, make me responsible for anybody other than myself, I will eat your children.

I'd rather they'd cut the online play and put more effort into making it worthy of a sequal. Still, it's what I expected as soon as it was announced that it's not being developed by the original team. Same happened with Silent Hill.

On the bright side, you have a shiny new coaster.

"It was true that I didn't have much ambition, but there ought to be a place for people without ambition, I mean a better place than the one usually reserved. How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, shit, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so?" - Charles Bukowski

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2010, 10:58 

If it ain't broke don't fix it. The Art Deco and Film Noir is so beautifully executed you forget you are playing a game. If I had a complaint I'd say tis the online play because I can't prevent getting my face melted by some nerd who has been playing since the game was released and is like level 53

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2010, 11:14 
Reginald Cuntypants

I'm not denying the mechanic works, and the environments are awesome. I was just hoping they'd be a bit daring and try to mix things up a bit. Bringing the little sisters back after the previous set were freed just feels like a bit of a kick in the nuts.
It's like they just couldn't be arsed to think of anything new. That's the thing; they just took the original, changed a few elements and said "That'll be £35 please." Where they improved some of the game play, they lost some of the depth the original had.
I'm sure it's still worth a play, though. I just can't think I'd want to play it more than once.

Also I'm a little pissed that they put the five installs limit back after having to bow down to peer pressure and give unlimited installs last time. Why go through all that again?! :smack: I'm pretty anti-DRM in general to be honest. lolAssassin'sCreed2

"It was true that I didn't have much ambition, but there ought to be a place for people without ambition, I mean a better place than the one usually reserved. How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, shit, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so?" - Charles Bukowski

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2010, 12:28 

You are anti-DRM but you also just broke the 30 minute limit on Just Cause 2.

Where does the feeling of entitlement to free video games/entertainment come from?

I mean that philosophically.

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2010, 13:26 
Reginald Cuntypants

I'm anti-drm because it makes it harder to get my free games. :giggles:

Nah.
To be honest, using a trainer so that I don't have to hear "My name is Bolo Santosi" twenty times a day probably won't cripple the gaming industry. I don't download cracked full games as I appreciate the amount of time and money that goes into making them. I just think that when I purchase a product, I should have full ownership of it. Entering a serial code is fair enough, but having limited installs, having to be connected to the internet constantly and having to register at some third party service is just a time-bomb waiting to happen. It'll kill the second-hand market -which plebs like myself use a lot-, and mean that you probably won't be able to play these games in five years time because the activation servers will be long dead.

It's like buying a $1000 dollar painting and having the assistant say "Now, this painting is rigged with a bomb which will detonate in five years. Any attempts to diffuse or remove the bomb are illegal. Enjoy it while you can. Don't worry, you can still keep the ashes after it has been destroyed."

If you've got a house wallpapered with money like yourself, you probably don't need to be so frugal, but when I buy something, I expect it to last. :ugh:

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2010, 14:17 
Been here too long

0_0: O_o?
Darkstar wrote:
I just think that when I purchase a product, I should have full ownership of it. Entering a serial code is fair enough, but having limited installs, having to be connected to the internet constantly and having to register at some third party service is just a time-bomb waiting to happen. It'll kill the second-hand market -which plebs like myself use a lot-, and mean that you probably won't be able to play these games in five years time because the activation servers will be long dead.

have to agree with you here, darkie. drm fucking sucks, and I'm surprised its legal (oh wait, look who's funding campaigns...). not sure how its working in the video game arena, but especially with digital books its a ripoff. Amazon can delete it off a kindle/harddrive if the publisher decides to pull it from ebook format - no refund no letter, it just disappears. I understand iTunes does the same thing for mp3s through their site.
So you pay the same price as you would for a permanent copy of the item (physical book, cd..guess video games are s.o.l?), yet it can be 'unliscensed' and vanish.
i swear they're just setting us up in the habit, so in 20 years the can offer 'unrestricted' sales of stuff at a 200% premium.

/derail rant

[23:45] enlever: Ugh, I officially hate white heads >.<
[23:46] ro: im sorry, we'll all go decapitate ourselves..
[23:46] inthebetween: YAY GROUP DECAPITATION

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]