It is currently 25 Mar 2017, 14:39
Buy.com Win Your Bid Today At eBay! GoDaddy.com Hosting & Servers 7-day Free trial of Napster Blockbuster Total Access, Plans as low as $3.99

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PS3 or Xbox 360?
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2009, 11:38 
Reginald Cuntypants

0_0: Alsations, the lot.
Nintendo Wii doesn't count as a games console. Period.
Once again I'm being forced to pay an extortionate amount of money for something marginally better than what I've already got if I want to play new games, so I'm wondering which you guys think is better -the PS3 or the Xbox?
I'm swinging more towards the PS3 as it's got more potential power once the developers learn how to use it, but if nobody's buying it, there's not going to be any support.
No fanboys, please. :squint:

"It was true that I didn't have much ambition, but there ought to be a place for people without ambition, I mean a better place than the one usually reserved. How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, shit, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so?" - Charles Bukowski

Post subject: Re: PS3 or Xbox 360?
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2009, 11:52 
Been here too long

0_0: About ready to quit
I have both systems but I'm partial to the Xbox 360 myself, though you do get a blu-ray player with the PS3. Honestly what I always look at are the exclusive games, ex. I'd rather play Gears of War rather than Resistance but as I said, I have both so I don't have to deal with that problem :p

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2009, 12:21 
Login Screen Commander

I have both as well and I spend more time with my 360.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2009, 13:21 
Reginald Cuntypants

My cousin brought Gears of War 2 over, and I have to say it's one of the best games I've played. I'd only stick with Sony as they get Resi and Silent Hill. I'm more of a survival horror man than FPS gamer. Or are they available on Xbox now? I see Tomb Raider is no longer exclusive.

"It was true that I didn't have much ambition, but there ought to be a place for people without ambition, I mean a better place than the one usually reserved. How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, shit, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so?" - Charles Bukowski

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2009, 15:39 
Been here too long

Well the latest Silent Hill was released on the 360 so that series is no longer exclusive (I hope not)

Honestly all Sony has left as far as grade A exclusive games is the God Of War franchise (Resistance is close) and they've yet to release a new game on the PS3

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2009, 06:20 
Post Whore

0_0: Back With A Bang!
I have a PS3 and my brother has a 360, both are good.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2009, 10:10 
Reginald Cuntypants

Actually I'm not too hot on Silent Hill now that it's developed by Americans. They just don't do psychological horror like the Japanese. That takes years of social and sexual repression.
It seems like Xbox is the way to go, then. It's considerably cheaper, and as I don't have a wireless router I'm not going to have to worry about paying a subscription for online play.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2009, 18:48 
Login Screen Commander

Resident Evil 5 is multiplat too.,

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2009, 18:53 
Been here too long

Darkstar wrote:
Actually I'm not too hot on Silent Hill now that it's developed by Americans. They just don't do psychological horror like the Japanese. That takes years of social and sexual repression.
It seems like Xbox is the way to go, then. It's considerably cheaper, and as I don't have a wireless router I'm not going to have to worry about paying a subscription for online play.

Nowadays you need online play to get the full experience out of most games. Gears Of War2, COD4 & COD WaW being prime examples

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2009, 21:01 

I have neither, but from my experience with in store demos, ps3

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2009, 21:33 
Spam Warrior

0_0: UK
I have both, just played the demo to fear 2 and shat my pants so iId get a PS3 just for that, sayin that though its probs comin out on both platforms.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2009, 22:54 
Keeps it bukkake

Jason wrote:

*head explodes*

One morning I woke up and found my favorite pigeon, Julius, had died I was devastated and was gonna use his crate as my stickball bat to honor him. I left the crate on my stoop and went in to get something and I returned to see the sanitation man put the crate into the crusher. I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like a infantile retard. - Mike Tyson

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2009, 10:04 
Reginald Cuntypants

Fear wrote:
Jason wrote:

*head explodes*

:rofl:
The_Almighty_Stan wrote:
Darkstar wrote:

Nowadays you need online play to get the full experience out of most games. Gears Of War2, COD4 & COD WaW being prime examples

From what I hear all that happens with online play is that you have racist remarks screamed at you by a hoard of ten-year-olds. I've always been reluctant to try it, and after trying to get my PS2 online and having to fill in hundreds of forms before being told that I can't connect, I've not been tempted to try again. I may just have to get some friends.

......Hah! Friends! Oh, I crack me up!

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2009, 10:10 
Been here too long

People exaggerate a bit but of course there are assholes playing but there are far more genuine people that just want to enjoy the games.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2009, 10:28 
Reginald Cuntypants

I guess that the up-side is that you get to shoot them in the face or run them off of the road.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2009, 10:57 
Post Whore

0_0: Back With A Bang!
Gawd bless sony.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2009, 13:08 
Post Whore

0_0: BBQ
Umm....Had both Sold both, had a Wii, Sold a Wii, bought the 360 again...but then again I'm an Ace Combat Junkie...and yes while the PS3 has mor potnetial the outside date some have set for people learning that potential is sometime next year. While the 360 is being used now...I'd say 360 now then wait to see what the PS3 does and make a better decision in a year.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2009, 15:09 
Spam Warrior

0_0: UK
Wardog Otter wrote:
while the PS3 has more potential the outside date some have set for people learning that potential is sometime next year. While the 360 is being used now...

Very true

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2009, 16:00 
Reginald Cuntypants

Indeed. I'm not paying any sort of money of that amount to watch it depreciate faster than the humour in a Carry On film. I think you're right in suggesting that I wait a bit. Though at the same time I waited till the slimline PS2 came out and missed out on the peak time for games development. >.< I want Silent Hill 2.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2009, 20:38 

0_0: USA
I'd rather go with PS3 since it has free internet and all.
Nowadays, all games are pretty much multi-platform. So none of the games are exclusive to each system now. Yet, I heard infamous and prototype is going to be only on the PS3. On internet to me, it seems PS3 has a nicer environment. Not many mean people as the Xbox Live (At least from my experience)

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2009, 08:58 
Big Daddy Phat

0_0: Drinkin'
That guy's dead now and his parents sold his PS3/Xbox for hats to wear to his funeral.

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2009, 09:20 

0_0: USA
Oh wow. I didn't notice how long ago this topic was...

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2009, 09:01 
Less is More

0_0: New Zealand
haha low blow penis chopper. but i guess dark's not exactly coming back to read it is he... kinda miss the random shit he came up with, and the constant arguments he brought to the board. ah well

Tramps like us, baby we were born to run

PostPosted: 05 May 2009, 17:59 
Keeps it bukkake

rick39 wrote:
I have gone through with ps3 bt never with xbox 360 bt i stiil believe that xbox is cooller than ps3..so xbox is better choice

bwahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahha
greatest fucking post ever

One morning I woke up and found my favorite pigeon, Julius, had died I was devastated and was gonna use his crate as my stickball bat to honor him. I left the crate on my stoop and went in to get something and I returned to see the sanitation man put the crate into the crusher. I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like a infantile retard. - Mike Tyson

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2010, 01:47 

It's all about preference. First of all, it's better for a consumer just to buy a PS3 and not spend any extra cash getting a 360 and a BR player.. The cheapest 360 is like 199$ and you get a good stand alone BR player from a reputed brand for something like 200-300$, so it makes sense to just buy a PS3 for 299$. Same thing happened with DVDs and people flocked to the PS2 cause it was cheaper and you got everything in one place.

For a consumer who has a BR player, still the decision goes in favor of the PS3 mainly cause even if you take out BR, the PS3 offers more than the 360 like Wifi out of the Box (M$ charges 100$ for Wifi adapters), every PS3 has a HDD (199$ 360 does not come with HDD, and 299$ one is the same price as PS3), Bluetooth in PS3, Chargeable remotes, FREE ONLINE (HUGE FACTOR), BETTER RELIABILITY (ANOTHER HUGE FACTOR), 7.1 FULL HD surround sound (Since you put out the Home theatre factor.. 360 does only 5.1 due to lack of space in DVD)... Thus these things tip the balance in PS3s favor (and it shows as PS3 has been outselling the 360 ever since the PS3 Slim with price drop landed.. PS3 outsold the 360 by a whopping 3 million in the last 4 months shrinking the lead the 360 had due to the head start from 8 to 4.5 million).

And lastly, it's about the games and PS3 arguably wins mainly cause most franchises most kids have played on their PS1 and PS2 (note PS1 sold more than 100 million and PS2 more than 140 million) are available on the PS3... Brand recognition is where PS3 trumps the 360. Granted first exclusives like Final Fantasy and DMC are now available on the 360, but still the series are recognized by PS3 (this shows as more than 2 million PS3s were sold in a week last month when FF landed). Also PS3 is graphically advance than a 360.. Just look at PS3 exclusives like Uncharted 2, Killzone 2 and God Of War 3 and you get why PS3 is more powerful.

In short, the only reason 360 is ahead of the PS3 in worldwide sales is cause it was released a year earlier in US and nearly a year and half earlier in Europe.... Still PS3 is catching up well with only 4.5 million to go..Not bad.

If I had a stand alone BR player (which I wouldn't since I am not dumb), still PS3 will be my first choice mainly cause the games I like are available on it. I even own a 360, but the only franchises that draw my attention are Mass Effect and Gears of War... Halo doesn't interest me and there isn't much games to brag about... On the PS3 side, Uncharted series (Highest rated exclusive this gen 97 on meta), MGS series, Final Fantasy (Verses 13 is still exclusive to PS3), God Of War series, Little Big Planet, Killzone/Resistance series, Gran Turismo series all interest me more.. Personal preference, but I personally fell PS3 line up trumps the 360. Besides, the games I mentioned wouldn't even be possible on a 360 mainly cause of their weight (MGS4- 40GB, UC2- 35GB, KZ2-30GB...). To be frank DVD is sooo last gen. Disc swapping is a thing of the past.

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next