It is currently 18 Nov 2017, 21:48
Buy.com Win Your Bid Today At eBay! GoDaddy.com Hosting & Servers 7-day Free trial of Napster Blockbuster Total Access, Plans as low as $3.99

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Apartment hunting
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2010, 23:37 
Foxxy

0_0: USA
So.... you guys all know I'm moving at the beginning of the summer. However, the only experience I've had with apartments is from my shitty ass college town where you went through an off campus apartment guide and they were all roughly the same price, all had the same rules, and all had the same deposit deals. There was no applications, nothing like that.

So as I'm looking through apartments, I'm wondering what I should look for, what I should be aware of, that sort of thing. (Mzz... this is where any and all info you throw at me can and will come in handy.) I really have no idea what I should be looking for other than a damn place to sleep at night. I don't know what size is good for one person in a one bedroom, I don't know what a good price for said square footage is, I really know absolutely nothing about this crap. HELP.

Post subject: Re: Apartment hunting
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2010, 00:46 
Post Whore

0_0: nailed down tight
It will take a lot of foot work on your part. Price will be relevent to where you live. Thoroughly check out the neighbors. That has always been the make or break of any abode for me. Around here, one month security deposit and even one month in advance is the norm. Check the carpets and appliances thoroughly. Be a jerk about it. You can show them what a nice person you are after you move in.

The good thing about renting is you only have to stay for a year if you find it is not to your liking. You are talking apartment, not condo, right?

Post subject: Re: Apartment hunting
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2010, 09:48 
Billionaire Boys Club Chairman

0_0: can i be there
1) where the fuck are you going (you can PM that one)
2) price
3) decide on one bed, two bed, etc and commit to that idea
4) understand there are no deals - you get what you pay for
5) search google for real estate agencies in the area - if all of the websites are bootleg you don't need a real estate agent and can use craigslist solely

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]