It is currently 23 Nov 2017, 04:00
Buy.com Win Your Bid Today At eBay! GoDaddy.com Hosting & Servers 7-day Free trial of Napster Blockbuster Total Access, Plans as low as $3.99

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Marijuana is the devil
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2010, 17:30 
Lurker

0_0: vagabundo
http://www.nipitinthebud2010.org/

Quote:
Will legalizing Marijuana place our National Security at risk? We think so.

marijuana use is harmful. It is associated with dependence

http://www.nipitinthebud2010.org/mjna_no.html

Quote:
Marijuana has claimed 279 lives between the years of 1997 and 2005.

Marijuana can cause the "man-boob" symdrome.

lol

The whole thing is really worth a read

Post subject: Re: Marijuana is the devil
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2010, 19:40 
Billionaire Boys Club Chairman

0_0: can i be there
279 secondary cause of deaths (suspected) NOT the primary cause in any of those cases. So who knows what killed them.

Pot cannot kill. It would break the universe.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2010, 18:54 
Reginald Cuntypants

0_0: Alsations, the lot.
To be fair, there's a lot of truth in there. I just laughed quite hard at "Smoking Marijuana is un-American"
What is this, Starship Troopers? Also seeing as smoking originated in America (I think...) I'd say it's very American.

"It was true that I didn't have much ambition, but there ought to be a place for people without ambition, I mean a better place than the one usually reserved. How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, shit, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so?" - Charles Bukowski

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2010, 08:41 
Lurker

0_0: King of the jungle

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2010, 08:52 
Lurker

0_0: King of the jungle

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2010, 08:06 

0_0: Living it
You know what they say: "Everything that´s illegal is better...” So I´m guessing, once it´s a legal thing ppl are just not gonna care anymore for it… And by the way… people die more of smoking cigarettes then marijuana. I mean I don’t agree with it being legal, but hey ppl are doing worst legal stuff than illegal marijuana. One thing is smoking Marijuana as a medicine, and another is trying to kill your brain cells! :smack:

Quote:
Research on the long-term effects of marijuana abuse indicates some changes in the brain similar to those seen after long-term abuse of other major drugs. For example, cannabinoid withdrawal in chronically exposed animals leads to an increase in the activation of the stress-response system and changes in the activity of nerve cells containing dopamine. Dopamine neurons are involved in the regulation of motivation and reward, and are directly or indirectly affected by all drugs of abuse.
Long-term marijuana abuse can lead to addiction; that is, compulsive drug seeking and abuse despite its known harmful effects upon social functioning in the context of family, school, work, and recreational activities. Long-term marijuana abusers trying to quit report irritability, sleeplessness, decreased appetite, anxiety, and drug craving, all of which make it difficult to quit. These withdrawal symptoms begin within about 1 day following abstinence, peak at 2-3 days, and subside within 1 or 2 weeks following drug cessation.

A number of studies have shown an association between chronic marijuana use and increased rates of anxiety, depression, suicidal ideation, and schizophrenia.

" Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be. " ~Thomas à Kempis

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]