It is currently 23 Nov 2017, 04:08
Buy.com Win Your Bid Today At eBay! GoDaddy.com Hosting & Servers 7-day Free trial of Napster Blockbuster Total Access, Plans as low as $3.99

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: IRS purchasing shotguns
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2010, 20:30 
Post Whore

0_0: nailed down tight
What does Mr. O have in mind?

https://www.fbo.gov/index?
s=opportunity&mode=form&id=8d3b076bd4de14bbda5aba699e80621d&tab=core&_cv
iew=1&cck=1&au=&ck=

:squint: :ugh: :eek:

Post subject: Re: IRS purchasing shotguns
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2010, 07:08 
Post Whore

0_0: Back With A Bang!
omg conspiracy

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2010, 08:40 
Post Whore

yeah, it's weak. I'll give you that. The point is this:

Our government arms itself with lawyers to go after corporations, spends a lot of money and time to slap the wrist and accomplish absolutely nothing.

Our government arems itself with shotguns to go after small businesses and private citizens, confiscates personal property and ruins individuals lives.

After all the bail out money to save ammoral CEOs who have raped us (private citizens) and put us in this mess, what do the feds have in mind? It looks like they are planning to take more from the people who have less to give and more to lose.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2010, 11:56 
Been here too long

0_0: O_o?
in a free economy, the only one responsible for the ridiculous nature of corporate behaviour is the consumer. the only way these corporations get so large is through the sale of product. then when they do become large, the expensive image is so ingrained in our consciousness that its almost required they spend millions on the nice office furniture (for the parts clients see at least), the branding, the advertising, or the product is considered inferior (regardless of its actual quality - see coke). the natural progression from there is the corporate bonuses. and anyone in the position to call them to account is paid off.

people always want the government to stay out of their private lives, then when they fuck it up go crying to the fed wanting to know why it was allowed to happen, why daddy wasn't out watching over them.

so yes. a significant number of politicians are funded in one way or another by large corps. and use their influence to increase their personal wealth. but who elected them? how many people honestly research potential candidates? or even bother to vote in non-presidential elections? or just vote R or D because that's what they're registered as and The Party is always right? (and i'll be first to admit that i fall in these categories somewhat too)

also, small businesses aren't always the poor innocent victims they're starting to be portrayed as in mass media. there are plenty of people who try to get out of paying their taxes, use inaccurate record keeping or just plain ol' don't pay up at all intentionally. the cpa jeremy's boss hired never got around to paying their taxes last year (kept the money). my last boss treated us like employees, but refused to pay us as such and we filed as contractors so she didn't have to pay all the business owner taxes. (i had to sit around her office all day and only get paid for the 2 hours of work i actually did, which is why she is now my ex-boss..). These are the people the irs is going after, not people who actually do what they're supposed to.

so scroo, if you want to go around crying the 'rape of citizens by corporations' stop drinking your coke every day, stop buying gas, don't re-do your kitchen every 5 years. people need to take responsibility for the culture we've created.

[23:45] enlever: Ugh, I officially hate white heads >.<
[23:46] ro: im sorry, we'll all go decapitate ourselves..
[23:46] inthebetween: YAY GROUP DECAPITATION

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2010, 21:02 
Post Whore

Did you just argue my point back to me?

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]